Thread: astra mk3 1.6 8v e-drive

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

astra mk3 1.6 8v e-drive

hi all, im new to the forum and im in desperate need of some help. i bought an astra with n reg 1995, with the x16sz motor. the car has a problem that i cant figure out. when i first start the car it seems to run fine, but as the car warms up the exhaust pops and splutters and the engine shakes a little, ive had the car at a garage and was tiold its over fueling (running rich) this would explain the bad mpg (around 22 mpg) it also jerks and kangaroos at cruise speed and the idle lowers as if its only running on 3 cylinders, all the plugs are sooty too. ill list the things ive done so far to try and rectify the problem, i got new plugs, leads, coil pack, coolant temp sensor, oil change, filter, ran redex through, cleaned the egr valve, had the exhaust checked at kwik fit and was told its not the cat, cleaned the air intake and throttle body, i even changed the throttle body and injector, got a new idle stepper motor, and new lambda sensor. i had a compression test done and was told its fine, all cylinders good. but the problem is still there. my temp gauge will rise to 90 when stood or in traffic, but drops to just above cold when driving. the fan kicks in when its between 95 and 100 degrees. does anyone have an explanation as to what may be happening? sorry for the long post.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have i stumped everyone?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    forgot to mention i changed the map sensor too

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    *bump* anyone? could it be the egr thats at fault, or maybe the thermostat?