Thread: sport hatch rear speakers

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question sport hatch rear speakers

hi everyone, never been in any forum ever!!!

i recently got me a lovely astra after having corsa's for 3-4 years and i've been thinking about tinkering with some added boom boom in the back.

in the corsa's i either had aftermarket headunits or i used an adaptor to connect up the aux/phono leads but i want to keep the standard headunit in the astra.

my plan was this,

disconnect the rear speakers and (without damaging the connectors) extend the cables to the boot where i could wire in the adaptor and then from there to the amp etc.

i'm not after massive bad boy sounds so just goning to run a 4 channel amp bridge the sub and then upgrade and reconnect the rear speakers.

how complicated is it to change the rear speakers and run the neccessary cabling?

many thanks on any help

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spain85 View Post
    hi everyone, never been in any forum ever!!!

i recently got me a lovely astra after having corsa's for 3-4 years and i've been thinking about tinkering with some added boom boom in the back.

in the corsa's i either had aftermarket headunits or i used an adaptor to connect up the aux/phono leads but i want to keep the standard headunit in the astra.

my plan was this,

disconnect the rear speakers and (without damaging the connectors) extend the cables to the boot where i could wire in the adaptor and then from there to the amp etc.

i'm not after massive bad boy sounds so just goning to run a 4 channel amp bridge the sub and then upgrade and reconnect the rear speakers.

how complicated is it to change the rear speakers and run the neccessary cabling?

many thanks on any help
    Just pay someone unless you know what you are doing, its more work than its worth. I got a sub fitted from the rear speaker wires same as you want, the front comps changed and all wires hidden etc for £45 at a local electrician.
    Driving Audi TT 225 Q

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah figured that would be the best idea, cheers
    corsa 1.8 sri to astra 2.0 (baby) turbo sri

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Welcome mate

If you don;t mind doing this yourself then rather than disconecting the speakers i'd take it all from the headunit as it's all in one place

Wiring is really easy to run in the MK5 too with the sill panels coming up easy

Have a look in the stickys at the top of this forum for ideas
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason