Thread: Infotainment CD30 not working properly

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Infotainment CD30 not working properly

Hi everybody - I've just become an Astra owner for the first time and am brand new to the forum - great to know a resource like this exists!

I have a 2005 Astra Estate with an Infotainment CD30 system. The problem I have is that, whilst the system still plays properly, the panel does not illuminate, the display does not work, and the steering wheel controls don't work either.

I believe I might need to replace a fuse, is this correct?

If so, which fuse do I need to change and how do I do it?

Thanks for any attempts at help!

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Welcome Mark

This is unlikely to be a fuse problem because the radio still works and it only has the one fuse.

I can't offer any advice on where the fault may be though....
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I posted the below on the ICE Mk 5 forum.

But it could be a similar problem. I've not had a solution yet. See below.

Hi all,
    1st post and help from you folks would be most welcome.

Here is the problem.

The CD player and Radio work no problem, ie I have sound. However the display in the middle of the dash just displays the time, date and temperature. Pressing buttons such as `settings` have no effect on the display. I can change the preset radio stations and the station does change, but no effect on the display still time,date and temp. Nothing I press seems to have any effect on the display.

In addition to this all of the steering wheel controls have ceased to work.

The stereo also now stays on when I turn the engine off and remove the key from the ignition.

I don't recall doing anything deliberate (however, working in IT I know the `I ain't touched it Guv` excuse might not be exactly the case).

I have had a look in the manual it doesn't describe the above problem that I can see and the `Settings` button doesn't seem to do anything so I can't really follow much of the manual.

My knowledge of car electrics is absolutely next to naff all, so please be gentle!

Any help anyone can give would be much appreciated.
    Cheers
    If anybody can shed any light much appreciated.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone found a resolution to this. I have the same problem in my '05 Astra. To the best of my knowledge I didn't do anything abd have lost the dissplay and the steering wheel controls. The radio still works and I can change preset channels.

Thanks
    Rob

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm a new poster here too, this just happened to my 05 new shape Astra yesterday, first the disply wouldn't work but I could scroll using the steering wheel between range, stopwatch, fuel consumption etc, but now today that has stopped as well. Also noticed the buttons don't light up when the radio is on. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Cheers

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Guys, got this sorted, changed the battery in my car which fixed the problem, the recent cold weather caused it to give up the ghost .

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just wondered but after you changed the battery does it still work now?? n why would it be the battery if the engine starts ok??

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

CD30 loss of Radio/CD Track display and steering volume function

Had the same problem as described above. The steering wheel volume control stopped working on my CD30 system and the display would not show the Radio station or what track the CD was playing - but the sound was ok.

After reading through this thread asked a mate to have a look at the fuses (the ones in the bonnet area). He checked a few (think number 35) and also the radio one. After removing and reinserting the fuse he could see no signs of anything wrong (i.e. did not look blown). After looking at the fuses turned on the ignition to see if any effect and the Radio channels/cd tracks started to be displayed again and also the steering volume control also worked. - Therefore I would recommend checking the fuses as a first step if you get this problem. Hope this helps someone.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Kid View Post
    Had the same problem as described above. The steering wheel volume control stopped working on my CD30 system and the display would not show the Radio station or what track the CD was playing - but the sound was ok.

After reading through this thread asked a mate to have a look at the fuses (the ones in the bonnet area). He checked a few (think number 35) and also the radio one. After removing and reinserting the fuse he could see no signs of anything wrong (i.e. did not look blown). After looking at the fuses turned on the ignition to see if any effect and the Radio channels/cd tracks started to be displayed again and also the steering volume control also worked. - Therefore I would recommend checking the fuses as a first step if you get this problem. Hope this helps someone.
    I have just had the same problem on my 55 plate Astra and done exactly what Angry kid has advised,it worked a treat,now back to normal !!
    No need to change the fuse just unplugged it and re seated it .
    Cheers mate!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi, had put a tuning chip on my 05 astra 1.7 cdti and radio/cd display stopped working. i removed and then replaced (same fuse used) fuse number 35 in engine bay fuse box (infotainment fuse yellow/20 amp) and radio/cd display started working !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast