Thread: Astra Coupe Turbo - Cutting Out When Hot??

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra Coupe Turbo - Cutting Out When Hot??

My boyfriend just bought an X reg (2000) Astra Coupe Turbo last week, its been sitting in someone's driveway for months as the boy who owned it moved away and left it with his dad.

Anyway, car started life as a 1.8 16v coupe, the boy who had it took it to vauxhall to get the turbo engine put in it, engine has done 22,000 miles, car has done 64000.

Engine management light is now on and its saying lamda sensor and fuel trim malfunction.

However, the car drives absolutely fine. BUT when its hot (just below 90 on temp guage) pulling up to junctions or leaving the car to idle is just a no go! The radiator light comes on as you brake and then the revs cut out and thats the car stopped (junction scenario) or, for instance, the boyfriend got out of the car the last night and left me sittin in it, he was away about 15 minutes, car idled fine then suddenly revs were gone and car was off, i tried to start it, it just did the same thing...twice!

Now he's currently on the hunt for a new lamda sensor and has been told that the fuel trim malfunction may mean the car is overfuelling when idling and flooding itself, which yeah it may be but its cutting out at junctions aswell!!!

Could it just be the lamda sensor thats causing this or are we looking at coilpacks, or something worse?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone got any clues??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my bet would be the AFM

Id recommend cleaning the lambda tho - with a bit of petrol or carb cleaner just to make sure

I had the exact same problem on mine - same code - replaced the AFM and it worked a treat

AFM costs £96+VAT from Vxl using trade club discount through AOC

have found a seller who offers the same part for £55 with a 3yr warranty but u may wish to do a bit of research and ask them what brand it is etc as theres been ones on ebay that offer 12mth warranty etc but are known to be totally crap! so buyer beware

Details of cheaper one here: http://www.ignitioncarparts.co.uk/de...rchStr=PDAF092

if in doubt get a genuine GM one.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok doke shall try those, thanks for your help!