Thread: Problems starting 1.7DTI DOHC AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Problems starting 1.7DTI DOHC AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Had more problems this time a no start at all even after minutes of turning over. Called the AA out and the guy told me he thought it was the immobiliser or the engine electrics. He proceeded in checking the codes and all that was returned was a code for timing high resistace or something along thoses lines.

The code was cleared off and rechecked but never returned told him i had problems with the system sucking in air and he investigated this and rigged up some cable ties as a temp fix to get me going again.

This seemed to work until i was driving home and the engine cut outafter the engine electronics light came on. Pulled over and restarted and away she went again only to do it again 2 miles down the rd. I decided to get the spare key and use that and so far i had had no problems so i assume its a key code problem if any one has any ideas here.

Refering back to my air in the fuel problem i have been told two seals on the outlet and inlet are missing and these need replaced to prevent air getting in. However vauxhall dont seem to be able to find the seals im talking about on the pipe end or the filter housing end. It would be much appreciated if anyone could give me the part n.o. for these or if they know where i could find em

Many thanks

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    how about some instant gasket instead?
    No longer an astra owner

Now a Vectra owner