I've not been an astra owner for long but would like to share the hell I've had since I became one!

Back in Sep I noticed a trail of reddish oil behind the car, took it to the garage who said it was gearbox oil, initially they though a driveshaft seal which was replaced and as soon as filled back up it all spewed out again, nice, turns out a hobby mechanic had changed the clutch before I owned the car and left the tools attached which had promptly dislodged inside the casing and spun off cracking it, a charge of £812 later and some welding and a gearbox check and all is well again...

Untill I stall and cant re-start at the lights last week, unrelated but almost as annoying, I'd noticed for some time that I was lacking power at low revs, juddering a lot when pulling off and stalling very easily before the cut-out turns out my cam belt locator key had sheared and my timing was thrown just slightly, didnt cause trouble with my valves but since having it all fixed I've got lots more power, drives loads smoother and also seems to have taken away some vibration at about 2000 revs from the back box.. Nice... £342...

Not bad for a car I only paid £1100 for 6 months ago eh...