Thread: has my car got a alarm????

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs Up has my car got a alarm????

i have an 03 astra mk4 with remote locking. when i press the remote once it locks and hazards flash, but when i press again it makes the sound like its locking again and the hazard lights flash, the secong press is it for an alarm or its some thing else?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its an imobliser its basically an alarm but DEAD LOCKS the car so you cant get in it !
    Back in an astra and loving it

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The sound you here on the second press is the deadlocks - it disconnects the door pins from the rest of the locking mechanism. if a window is broken by a ne'erdowell, they would be able to open the door by pulling up the door pins.

as for the alarm - you've not said what trim level your car is so it might or it might not

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Stick a brick through the window and get in the car. If you hear lots of loud noises and the indicators start flashing, you've got an alarm.

If you don't get any reaction from the car at all, it's safe to assume there is no alarm or if there is, it isn't working

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ooh. i think i get your point, so if some one smashes my window and tries to open the doors, it will not open, but if i dont double lock it will open?

Status
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxy_D View Post
    ooh. i think i get your point, so if some one smashes my window and tries to open the doors, it will not open, but if i dont double lock it will open?
    yeap that's it

If you have an OE alarm that's activated on the first press, and the deadlocks on the 2nd - f'knows why it's not all on one press

the immobiliser is totally different and kills the engine circuit as soon as the key removed form the ignition - IIRC all mk4 have this

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffoeg View Post
    The sound you here on the second press is the deadlocks - it disconnects the door pins from the rest of the locking mechanism. if a window is broken by a ne'erdowell, they would be able to open the door by pulling up the door pins.

as for the alarm - you've not said what trim level your car is so it might or it might not

what are these trims mate and how do i know? sorry ive just bought the car 2 weeks ago.

Status
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Has it got a badge on it anywhere ?

2.2 Sri, SRi Turbo and GSi were the only mk4's fitted with a factory cat 1 alarm. but you may have an aftermarket one on a lower spec - which will mean some detective work to answer the question

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffoeg View Post
    Has it got a badge on it anywhere ?

2.2 Sri, SRi Turbo and GSi were the only mk4's fitted with a factory cat 1 alarm. but you may have an aftermarket one on a lower spec - which will mean some detective work to answer the question
    lol i hvnt seen a badge but i will have to find out. my car is an 03 astra 1.6 active 8v, from what you have said i dont think i have one.

Status
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nope it won't have a factory alarm.. but a previous owner might have fitted something

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast