Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exterior On A 5dr

Hey guys, new around here

Firstly, I bought an Astra Club 5dr recently and I'm looking to do it up with adding some front, back and side skirts.

I spoke to pentagon the other day about an XP kit for it, they quoted me around £1200 for the lot, fitting and painting included. I'm tempted by this as its simple due to my distinct lack of car knowledge. I have been looking through a number of sites such as http://www.vauxhall-accessories.com/...ategory_id=213

Now if I bought the things seperatly would this be cheaper? Including getting a garage to fit and paint. Also does anyone know any places around Sheffield that people could recommend would be great .

I'm willing to buy the whole kit in one go but would prefer to spread the cost over a few months.

Are there any other ways I could get this done, fitting myself isn't an option..... No matter how easy, it would just go wrong.

I have seen lots of threads like this and apologise for another one but would really appreciate the help.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im looking into getting the 5dr XP for mine too, does anyone know if this affects the insurance as well as the above...?

thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by olster888 View Post
    im looking into getting the 5dr XP for mine too, does anyone know if this affects the insurance as well as the above...?

thanks

Yes, it will effect your insurence, as its not standard.
    Now I'm not sure if you will have to pay extra if to your insurer if you declare it.

I was able to declare a spoiler and not be charged extra for it.

But yes you will need to declare you have put it on. As its an extra and was not done at factory or as standard on you car.

As for the pricing, It's mostly it could end up cheaper if you don't go to vauxhall for it(everything usually ends up cheaper if you go else where)

best to work out the pricing and then compare it to vauxhall.

hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey View Post
    Hey atleast MOTing your car should be a lot simpler than MOTing your EX. Replacing a worn out bush on a car is far easier.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You can pick up a kit on Ebay for as little as £250, it will need painting and fitting. Any good body shop should be able to do that for a reasonable £250 - £300. Can't help with painter etc but here's a pic of mine with kit fitted, you need to get the roofline spoiler to finish it off. It will affect your insurance so make sure you declare it

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8793/car43tn.jpg

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Could you tell me where i could get a factory copy of your xp kit? cheers Matt