Thread: Is my Head Gasket on its way out?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is my Head Gasket on its way out?

Recently I have been getting a lot of smoke whilst car is stationary, today after leaving it running for a while, the whole of my gym car park was smoking...a guy from the gym who is a mechanic made me rev the car and he put his hand by the exhaust, it chucked out a lot of smoke along with lots of water...his hand was quite wet, he then advise it seems like ur head gasket is going...i suspected it was the cat because the smoke smelt a bit, but not like rotten egg...
    any ideas?
    if it is the head gasket, what sort of price am i looking at to get it repair etc
    Sapphire Black VxR Black Theme with a Touch of White, 3" Scorpion System, DapR springs, Rarb, JBI Tophat, FMIC & CDTI Conversion, Iridium Plugs, Full SMD in White...

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When my headgasket went on my saxo, when you turned the ignition on you could hear water running. Must be back through the pipes or something because it never came out on the floor. Just keep an eye on your temp gauge, and check your oil cap and coolant lid for a mayonnaise substance or gunk. That's a tell tell sign. But I got my head gasket done and a head re-skim for £220
    Coupe Turbo Evolution - 320ps

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am going to check for those 2morrow morning cuz engine will be cold then...my main mechanic wants me to bring the car to him anyways, to do a sniffer test, not sure what it is, but will tell you! the smoke is horrible, and its doing it really bad when the car been running for like 5minutes...drivers behind me are looking at my exhaust...car seems to be boosting fine still, but aint doing that, cuz dont wana mess it up any more...temperature gauge, when fully warmed up, is half way...which it always is...
    Sapphire Black VxR Black Theme with a Touch of White, 3" Scorpion System, DapR springs, Rarb, JBI Tophat, FMIC & CDTI Conversion, Iridium Plugs, Full SMD in White...