I finished early today (it was still light outside), and got the urge to actually do something with the ever growing pile of bits I'm gonna "fit to the car one day"
I got the bits off the car, took them into the inventing shed and set to work. It wasn't as straight forward as I thought and the bits need a bit of surgery to make them fit. I did a bit more work, did a test fit and a bit more needed to be done. But now it's too dark to see if I've took enough off to make them work, so it'll have to wait till another day.
bugger bugger bugger
However I've been to B&Q and stocked up on supplies for when I reassemble things, so that's something salvaged.
So I won't know if it fits/works for a few days, and you won't know what I'm on on about