Thread: what brake upgrade for my gsi?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

what brake upgrade for my gsi?

I'm currently getting my car ready for the summer months after along spell in the garage (astra gsi approx 250-270ish). I'm going to take her on a few track days this year and was wondering what brakes to upgrade too, its not a case of money is no object but a case of what is adequate for the job, as i intend on going to regals stage 3.5 later on the year. i have seen the vxr setup on a mates car and thought it a massive improvement, and he is running 3.5 but has never tracked the car. what do you all think/suggest?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have recently bought some drilled and grooved discs and a set of ebc redstuff front pads.

I did abit of searching and messaged a couple of people on here, most people seem impressed with this setup

Link to drilled & grooved front & rear disc
    End of an era - She's gone to a good home

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy ross View Post
    I'm currently getting my car ready for the summer months after along spell in the garage (astra gsi approx 250-270ish). I'm going to take her on a few track days this year and was wondering what brakes to upgrade too, its not a case of money is no object but a case of what is adequate for the job, as i intend on going to regals stage 3.5 later on the year. i have seen the vxr setup on a mates car and thought it a massive improvement, and he is running 3.5 but has never tracked the car. what do you all think/suggest?
    depends how much you are wanting to spend mate...
    have a look here
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/inde...ewDoc&docId=44

some very nice brakes, the VXR brakes are a popular upgrade for the Gsi, these are 322mm.
    Hey Dick,whats in for the Big Brain Quiz tonight? Certainly Gents, thats 200 quid. WHAT! each! DOUBLE WHAT! Thats abit steep isnt it...? steep...its f-ing verticle!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    These brakes would be ideal for on the track as the 2 part disc will help with the heat.
    http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/store/p...at=2303&page=1
    SMIC, miltek catback, precat, Thorney remap 242.7 bhp 281lb/ft torque

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wouldnt waste ur money on the VXR setup - its virtually no different from the standard 308 setup

the fact the VXR still uses shitty single pot calipers means its a waste of money imo - unless of course u can get em 2nd hand for next to nowt.

If ur gonna be goin on track days Id just go for simple MTEC discs and Yellowstuff pads (its the setup i have on mine)

fronts only were talkin £100 for discs and £80 for pads - not expensive if ur gonna be changing them more than the usual everyday driver

if u want ultimate stopping power Id recommend the NeoBros 4pot kit - its the kit i want on mine but cant afford £800 at this point in time

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-ASTRA-G-H-BRAKE-UPGRADE-KIT-CALIPERS-DISCS_W0QQitemZ220334077227QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_C arsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item22033407722 7&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2| 65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I have a 330mm kit on the zaffy From 3G

or Regal do a vectra VXR setup that fits 17's that also good
    your cook a 308mm dead easy even with hole's an vents I set fire to a set of pads on 308mm
    the vxr321mm setup is fine upto 300bhp on road use