Thread: Riot at local prison last night

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Riot at local prison last night

The new prison just out the road at Addiwell, was opened on the 12th of December last year. Its state of the art, to the point that it was being criticised for all its mod cons (private bathrooms, flat screen TV;s in cells, the cells are also all wired for internet acces):

http://www.westlothiancourier.co.uk/...name_page.html

http://deadlinescotland.wordpress.co...ushest-prison/

Well last night the prison ran out of food, and as a result 40 prisoners smashed the place up (did wonder what all the police sirens were about:

Published Date: 09 February 2009
    UP TO 40 prisoners were involved in a riot in Scotland's newest prison in West Lothian this week.
    The inmates barricaded themselves in and smashed up fixtures and fittings including TVs and other equipment during a three-hour rampage in Addiewell Prison last night.

kr00zin_uk
    Instead of wasting tax payers money on sticking flat screen TV's and playstations in prison, they should have tear gas on a sprinkler system for occasions just like this! It's just a huge embarrassment and beyond belief that prisons are so unprepared to be able to handle a minor situation like that (unarmed prisoners rioting).

Prisons should be the bare minimum for a human to survive. No Tv's or electrical equipment at all. They should have time to get bored and think about what they did. Not get on with life as normal, while meeting new like minded people, so they have contacts in the same field of work on the outside when they leave.

In my opinion though, murderer's should be hung, thieves should have their hands cut off and rapists should have their penis chopped off. Firstly it will work as a deterrent. Secondly there will be no repeat offenders. And thirdly innocent members of the public will not have to pay to keep scum alive. Petty crime should be dealt with in a reform centre to give offenders a chance to mend the error of their ways. No one would get bed and breakfast in luxury accommodation if I had my way! But none of this will ever happen in today’s climate, because people are too politically correct and such subjects are taboo.

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Whats the betting that they get their TV's replaced as well dispite smashing them up!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Shocking how they get all that and yet Troops on the frontline have had to fight for years with sub-standard equipment.

As for Human Rights, they lose all right to be called a human when they break the law in my eyes.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would delay repairs and not replace some of the items (tv's) etc. These people need to learn (again by the sounds of it) that their actions have consequences. I'd go so far as to add a couple of months to their prison sentences.

Quite frankly these people are demonstrating that they cannot be allowed to rejoin a civilised community - keep 'em locked up and away from decent law abiding citizens.

Totally agree about the government not properly equiping our troops.
    It is only when the last tree is felled, the last animal killed and the last fish hauled from the sea that we will realise we can't eat money.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Jings, i sent an application form away to them today for a job Think i might rethink it if i am successful lol.

Status
    Soft Top VTEC :)
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clanless View Post

Quite frankly these people are demonstrating that they cannot be allowed to rejoin a civilised community - keep 'em locked up and away from decent law abiding citizens.

Totally agree about the government not properly equiping our troops.
    Agree

And the idea of tear gas sprinklers is good
    FULL Black Leather Heated coupe interior for sale! £200!!!
    Click Here

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Agree with Gaztd, frontline troops get squat yet do a hell of alot with not alot
    (and no im not a squaddie or in forces, but i do work with em)

and nowt should be replace in the prison as obv they dont want it , if they just smash it up!

Vectra SRi 1.9 CDTi (150).
    Tinted Windows, Richbrook Gear Knob & Tax Disc Holder.
    Flip down sunglasses Holder.
    6000K HID's, Chilled Glovebox, CD70 Navi, Debadged, Samco Hoses.

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    It sounds more like a spa than a prison. It will be massages and treatments next.
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Why is it they keep banging on about prisoners' human rights? What about their victims' rights??? I say let the punishment fit the crime, and in the worst cases, if proven beyond doubt, they should bring back capital punishment.