Thread: MFD display

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

MFD display

i have an alipine ida-x100 and when it turns on the date on the mfd turns off an goes blank so i was wondering if there was a way to keep that on as i know in my m8s corsa his does

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    You need to cut a wire at the MFD, it's a red/white on the MK4's and I think the MK3's are the same
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    Astra H Design 2.0T
    Mentioned in
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post
    You need to cut a wire at the MFD, it's a red/white on the MK4's and I think the MK3's are the same
    On the cars loom theres a RED/WHITE wire with a GREY wire.

I recently had the guts out and thought I'd do this. I cut this RED/WHITE wire and my date is always there .... great! .... But I've noticed a definate reception problem with my radio.

I thought the idea behind cutting this in the cars wiring (not the radio), was to allow the powered aerial to remian, i.e. the GREY wire?

ideas?

J
    Astra MK4 SXI 1.6 Twinport [Z16XEP] (2004) & Astra MK5 Design 2.0T [Z20LEL] (2006) & Zafira MK1 [Z18XE] (2003)|| Astra MK4 1.6 SXI [Z16XE] (2002) || Astra MK5 VXR [Z20LEH] (2007) || Astra MK4 1.6 SXI [Z16XE] (2001) || Vectra MK2 1.6 LS (1999) || Astra MK2 1.4 Merit (1990)

Click here for the How To's

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJAv View Post
    On the cars loom theres a RED/WHITE wire with a GREY wire.

I recently had the guts out and thought I'd do this. I cut this RED/WHITE wire and my date is always there .... great! .... But I've noticed a definate reception problem with my radio.

I thought the idea behind cutting this in the cars wiring (not the radio), was to allow the powered aerial to remian, i.e. the GREY wire?

ideas?

J
    Red/White is joined to the aerial take the gator up and disconnect the red/white wire as it is plugged in join the remote aerial wire to the part of the plug that runs to the back of the car

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    Astra H Design 2.0T
    Mentioned in
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma ??? View Post
    Red/White is joined to the aerial take the gator up and disconnect the red/white wire as it is plugged in join the remote aerial wire to the part of the plug that runs to the back of the car
    I did all that .... I thought the grey wire was the amped aerial?
    Astra MK4 SXI 1.6 Twinport [Z16XEP] (2004) & Astra MK5 Design 2.0T [Z20LEL] (2006) & Zafira MK1 [Z18XE] (2003)|| Astra MK4 1.6 SXI [Z16XE] (2002) || Astra MK5 VXR [Z20LEH] (2007) || Astra MK4 1.6 SXI [Z16XE] (2001) || Vectra MK2 1.6 LS (1999) || Astra MK2 1.4 Merit (1990)

Click here for the How To's

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No offence if you did then the radio reception would be the same,take the gator up check the red/white wire that is under the gear stick for voltage if their is no voltage then just do what i just said as that is the wire for the aerial amp

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    I know you have said this all along Enigma that the red/white goes to the aerial booster but as far as I can see the red/white goes to the top diaplay and steering wheel controls with the grey going to the booster
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah when i took out my headlining to put a GPS aerial on the roof i traced it back to the centre console as their was no power going to it,that's the only reason why I've said that are you looking at wiring diagrams?

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Yeah I looked at the diragrams where it says grey goes to the remote control and red/white goes everywhere else yet I know that you cut the red/white and the remote control stops

Likewise the diagrams show the red/white wire going into a connector with the aerial in the centre console which my coupe doesn't have as it's only the aerial wire in there

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yep I've cut the grey one before so i know what your saying, that's weird why yours doesn't have the wire running down the centre console may by they had a prob or just like any other manufacturer decide to change something mid production mines 02 reg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast