Thread: help with blue l.e.d plz

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

help with blue l.e.d plz

hi this has proberly been on here a few times but i need some help a with them i have a 1.7 dti 52plate it has orange diffusers can some one help me plz go through what i need and so on plz thank you very much for your time and help

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Where to start....

Speedo - depends on colour of dials, my white dials had an orange diffuser in the mileage display that can be removed. 4 twist fit bulbs to change, pretty easy.

Heater dials - orange diffusers likely in buttons, knobs and parts of the fascia itself. Only solution is to source an older dial set (or use red LEDs). Replacing

MFD - orange diffuser that needs swapped for a white/translucent one, 2 twist fit LEDs, easy to replace but fiddly to get console out.

Headlight switch - no orange but not a simple job. LED to resolder and replacing bulb with LED doesn't give much or any light to most of the switches - only option is some extra soldering to put more LEDs in.

Steering controls/window switches - solder replacement LEDs in, quite fiddly especially the steering controls.

OddJob is the guy to PM to buy LEDs from though He can provide the twist fit LEDs, loose LEDs, resistors (you need these in some places) and also the transparent white diffuser for the MFD too. Probably under £15 for everything.