Thread: Intercoolers, z20let

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Intercoolers, z20let

If i fitted an aftermarket intercooler, and i dont want any fancy piping, just standard stuff, then does it matter if i make the run using different sizes clamped togther? So if i come off the unit with say a 63mm pipe, then used the same pipe as the top boost pipe to run up to the top of the engine, will this bugger it all up?

Not sure if pipe size matters or whether the bigger the better or vice versa.
    Regal Phase 1 + Intercooler
    270BHP 300ftlb And Nothing Else, All standard

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yep you can easily use reducer pipes to connect it all up to existing. Each pipe diameter change does cause a slight pressure drop, but considering the stock pipe does a good half dozen diameter changes or so, I wouldn't be too concerned.

Pipe size does matter, but "bigger the better" doesn't apply - you can easily go too big.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burtdick View Post
    If i fitted an aftermarket intercooler, and i dont want any fancy piping, just standard stuff, then does it matter if i make the run using different sizes clamped togther? So if i come off the unit with say a 63mm pipe, then used the same pipe as the top boost pipe to run up to the top of the engine, will this bugger it all up?

Not sure if pipe size matters or whether the bigger the better or vice versa.

Im getting a kit mate with all the piping and ntercooler black ill put a pic on when i get it

cheers

rhys
    Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.