Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

upon startup

hey yall
    I have a continuouse probem with my ecu throwing up codes atm and with no job no more the savings for a new ecu is nearly getting there .
    I fueled the car yesterday and when i started it up all the dial (speedo, fuel,temp) went as far down as they could . 30 seconds later they went back to how they should, this is the first time is has done this and has done it ever since . Could this be brought on by the fecked up ecu or another underlying problem
    2000, 1.6 8v, 148k miles-156k now 160k and not far off dyeing. Oh and still growing. -There may be spelling mistakes in my posts but at least you still understand it

fdrightup
    Quote Originally Posted by alimighty View Post
    hey yall
    I have a continuouse probem with my ecu throwing up codes atm and with no job no more the savings for a new ecu is nearly getting there .
    I fueled the car yesterday and when i started it up all the dial (speedo, fuel,temp) went as far down as they could . 30 seconds later they went back to how they should, this is the first time is has done this and has done it ever since . Could this be brought on by the fecked up ecu or another underlying problem
    have you tried checking the earthing points around the engine bay they might need cleaning

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nope didnt think of that . changed the wiper fuse thing ( the big fuse at top of fuse box, forgot the name of it ) as it needed changing and the needles are back to normal again . dont see how it can cause that to happen but ey up its solved (for now)
    2000, 1.6 8v, 148k miles-156k now 160k and not far off dyeing. Oh and still growing. -There may be spelling mistakes in my posts but at least you still understand it