Thread: zafira cdti

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

zafira cdti

hi guys could someone shed some light on this engine as ive seen on parkers that the euro4 model has cheaper tax but it had the dpf filter but theres another model which has higher tax ,does this one not have the dpf as i heard numerous complaints with it .im in two minds whether to go for the cdti(150) or the 1.8 could anyone help

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think you will find all CDTI,s are fitted with a dpf. Now obviously you have read tales of woe about the dpf and maybe the egr valve as well.
    Now you need to ask yourself how many people have not had any trouble at all ?
    Im one of those, the car is great, the engine is brilliant. Mine has not given me a minutes trouble in nearly a year.
    As for a choice between the 1.8 and the 1.9CDTI thats easy..........diesel every time.
    Zafira Sri 150 CDTI Moonland

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not all. The very first Zafira 'B' 1.9 CDTi's weren't fitted with the DPF. Early 2005. Part way through they did start fitting them.

I've had 1 DPF problem but that was caused by me driving with the EML on (I was informed it was OK) until I could get it in the garage. This caused a DPF problem as it won't regenerate whilst the EML is on. I've done about 23,000 miles since and had no problems.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I stand corrected...............see it is true, you do learn something new every day
    Zafira Sri 150 CDTI Moonland

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was under the impression that as long as you took it out for a GOOD FAST run it would help to keep it running fine.
    2004 Zafira GSi veccy-c intake/cat-back milltek/alpine
    2006 Focus ST dreamscience/full mongoose 275bhp

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Has to be above a certain amount of revs for a certain distance. The original software, I'm led to believe, was 2500rpm, which in sixth, is about 80mph. So a lot of middle aged drivers having family, never actually got it to start a regeneration of the DPF. The new software lowered the rpm limit and time, so regeneration was able to take place. Must have worked as reports are getting less and less with the odd anomoly throwing itself up!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can anyone tell me when the cambelt should be changed on the cdti 150, Ive been told that vx recommendnat 100k that seems a bit hight to me? Im looking at 1 thats done 68k and for peace of mind would want it changed sooner rather then later. Whats the stealers price for the belt change out of interest?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yep, 100k it is