Thread: ryan13's LS Project

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ryan13's LS Project

Ok then were to start, well i first got my Astra back in 2007 straight after i passed my test. When i got the car it was a 1.4 16v polar blue ls had 56,000 on the clock and was completely standard.
    Unfortunately as i have now had the car almost two years, i do not have any standard pictures due to a recent computer crash. I have been doing small modifications and a few big ones since ive had it and still have many more i want to do, when funds allow it.
    As i don't have many pictures of my mods i will have to post once ive got them. So to start of with the very first thing i did was change the standard cd player for a kenwood cd, mp3 player. (will post pics)
    after this i decided that the next thing i was gonna do was get a descent sound system. What i went for was this unbelievable offer on ebay i got a jbl set up which consisted of a 1000w sub, two 350w 6x9s, a 4000w 4 channle amp, wiring kit and sub box for £150. best of all it came next day lol.
    i had it set up in a few different ways before the way it looks like in the following picture and by this time i bought a new power capictior, new audiobahn 6x9s and another amp to run the 6x9s of. Oh and yes i know 6x9s arnt the best but at the time i didnt know better.

Im planning on redoing the boot install soon. Maybe something with a bit of fiber glass or something.
    After this i believe the next thing i got was a new after market grille it wasn't any thing special, just a cheap budget one from belgium.
    (pic coming soon)
    As i don't want to bore you all ill just list the other mods and will post pictures once i have them.
    So my other mods are as followed:
    New head and tail lights.
    New sport exhaust.
    Crappy cheap air filter, which im hoping to change soon.
    Door pins.
    New pedals
    Handbrake and gear stick gaiters.
    Smoked side repeaters.
    Brake pads and discs.
    M3 style wing mirrors.
    LED conversion and chrome dial rings.
    Foot well neon's.

Then all mods came to a sudden stop when i lost my job and obviously my money towards modding. This was around the time i discovered this site. (which i have been on everyday since) Shortly after i began to have a problem with my car. One night it was working fine and then out of no where it lost its power and began juddering the car. As i dont have that much of a mechanical background, i put the cars symptoms down on hear and asked for some help. Thanks to a great bunch of people on here they narrowed it down to a multicylinder misfire and i was recommended to change the spark plugs. This solved the problem for about two days and then something else went wrong. Not knowing what the problem was and with my computer being down i decided id give it a service, which admittedly did help the car but didn't fix it.
    it was now Christmas and all my money went on presents for family and gf so the car was of the road for a bit as i didn't feel safe driving it tbh.
    So now it was Christmas, although my car was broke. I felt like i was having withdrawal symptoms from modding so asked for a few bits for my car for Christmas.
    Over christmas my meet up with an old school mate who happened to be a mechanic now and insisted to put my car on there computer and just like that all my problems were solved. All it was was a new coil pack.
    With Christmas now out the way and new parts for the car went on.
    New strut brace.
    Bonnet lifters.
    sunglasses holder (from a corsa)
    Lowering springs.

i can safely say that lowering the car was a right b*tch to do. That top bolt wouldnt budge but like a joiner i am, good old hammer and chisel came in hand lmao.
    Befor lowering

After lowering

Thats it so far. A few things im looking to do in the next year are: Alloys for a deffinate colour coded bump strips and new gsi bumpers.
    Will keep you updated with any changes and should be posting pics of all the mods on monday.
    Cheers for looking. Any comments or questions feel free to pm me.

The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok so about 3 weeks ago. i read a thread about an astra mk5 flip key and changing it to work on the mk4.
    Got myself on ebay and bidded on several keys until i finally won one.
    After a very long wait it arrived yesterday and started to attempt to switch all components over. Seemed easy enough on the instructions.
    It wernt easy at all and now i have a ****ed spare key, i will carry on trying to get it done cause i really want it to work now that i have the image in my head. I will get pics up if i get it done but right now its just bits so no point lol.

On other news got a job today. YAY!!!
    i can now start saving for the all important alloys, although my mum ow wants to get me them for my 21st birthday, only problem is thats in may and i want them now haha.

To Be Continued.......

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok so i have been looking at alloys this week and have found the ones i want.
    17" wolfrace spyder is what they aare called.
    so i photo shopped them onto my car and this is the out come.

Also i ordered some new white dials.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    not posted in a while mainly due to the fact i havnt done anything to my car except clean it.
    now i have i recently purchesed a new center consol with a 7 inch screen molded in to it just in the final stages of preparing it. but it shuld look something like this

and ordered my alloys today !!!!! not exactly the same as the pic but very simlar lol.
    woooooooooo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well its been a while since i last updated.
    never actually posted any pics of my car with my alloys so here they are:

i love them personnally and think they have made the car look alot better.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thought id add some other updates whilst im at it.
    so as i said before i bought a 7in screen and center consol i primed and sanded it to a colour i wanted for it to go and bubble as soon as it went in the car.
    so out it came and a hell of alot of sanding followed, i counted 15 layers of paint lol. i stuck with it and it ended up like this :

im now selling this as im looking to get a sat nav consol instead.

not long ago i bought a new air filter of bludshot, thanks again. when i got it i took it to bits so i could paint it with out wrecking the filter. I never really thought air filters did much but this has made a big difference, it pulls better and with the cold air feed it feels like it runs better aswell.

After this i had a can of spray left so one day i decided to colour code bump strips, i originally smoothed the recesed badges but they just wouldnt stick so i pulled them out and put the the badges back in which i think actually looks better here are the pics.

Next is to tint my windows, when i can afford it as i had to re new my insurance this week and next month i have tax and mot to fork out for.
    thats it for now.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Right then next update.
    all week i have been dying to do something, however couldnt get hold of anything i was after so i decided to colour my handles.
    4 hours on each handle so far and the front with the lock was solid to get back working.
    So heres the picture evidence.

I will confess i made a big error on my half, i put the handle back on the the door card shut the door and couldnt open it. Took the door card of in a struggle and couldnt figure out what was up with it.

Turns out i locked it lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just another quick update today. (no pics lol)
    Just ordered some oem dials been looking for a set for ages so the tints are on hold
    Also im trying something that i havnt seen done before at the minute. Will let you know how it goes and what it is later on.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OK so as i said i ordered the dials ....

they didnt work for my car .The dials wernt the same and when i turned left i had a full tank of petrol when i turned right it was empty so they came out.
    So after having them in i had to make a change to my orignals as i loved the OEM ones.
    I took the risk of scratching of the orangey yellow on the back of my black dials to try and let some light threw and what do you know it worked and im so happy lol .
    Heres the bit i scratched of.

Heres them put together after swapping a few bits around.

And heres them all lit up

I think there alot better then the greeny glow they had before.

Thats about it for a while till i get paid again. Im debating weather to paint my origanal skirts but unsure yet.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    An unexpected update.
    i was at home one day and just randomly decided to give the local scrappy a ring.
    They had a spoiler in and for £35 i thought it was my duty to buy it lol.
    When i got there i found out they wouldnt seperate it from the boot. This is what i came home with.

for £35 not bad lol.
    proper irmscher

Being painted

Just got to lacquer it then drill holes in my boot for it and jobs a goodun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast