Thread: Quality of AutoGlym Engine & Machine Cleaner?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Quality of AutoGlym Engine & Machine Cleaner?

How good is this stuff? I never really see it get mentioned in the cleaning threads.

Initially, i'm looking to paint the engine cover - so it needs a GOOD cleaning to be THOROUGHLY clean I have some of this stuff about, but not sure if it'll be enough actually.

I tend to read a lot on Megs All Purpose / Multi Purpose cleaner (whatever it's called) - that seems to get top reviews. Heard that gunk [ http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165713 ] can be pretty lethal on the cleaning front also.

As said, initially i'm asking about getting that engine cover clean, as that'll be the first job, but also when the weather fairs up a bit & i get this cast off my leg & can move around a bit, i'll be looking into giving the engine bay a proper clean also.

Recommended product?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    for cleaning the cover ready for spraying id use some fairly liquid. as for the rest apc or megs super degreaser are good products. i find the ag stuff leaves white marks everywhere.
    Castle Combe Saloon Car Championship. Car 21, pug 106 GTI. Gone from track days to full on racing

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Ohh right. I thought that washing up liquid (i live at home - the mother buys in Morrisons own, none of that Fairy Liquid malarkey lol) wouldn't be strong enough (for the engine cover) & i'd have to firstly let some of the AG/Megs settle on it for a while.

As they're both the same price on cleanyourcar, any real difference between the Megs APC & the degreaser?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    washing up liquid is a degreaser so will work fine.
    Castle Combe Saloon Car Championship. Car 21, pug 106 GTI. Gone from track days to full on racing