Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Flexi Pipe Question

Hey!

I have a badly leaking flexipipe. Sounds like I have no exhaust, people look at me funny, people think I like it sounding like this. I'm getting looked down uppon by they type of people that wear their Burbery hats sideways and say "IZIT!" when you ask them a simple question.

Is the felexi pipe a seperate thing from the exhaust, i read that its seperate from the cat on my engine (Z18XE).

Was looking at getting a remus or simular, whats the best plan of action?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by coupe turbo
    lag is a thing which warns me get ready for action.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the remus part (ie presuming u mean a central unsilenced section) has got nowt to do with the flexi

the flexi is on the front pipe and in your case this front pipe features the flexi pipe only as opposed to earlier X18XE1 models which had the cat as well as the flexi on it

a simple replacement front pipe should only come in at about £40 from a local motor factor

heres one on ebay but of course u have the postage on top: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Astra-Zafira-Middle-Centre-Exhaust-Pipe-GM428_W0QQitemZ260351365062QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_C arsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item26035136506 2&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2| 65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

*** IGNORE THE LISTING TITLE AS THIS SELLER IS INFAMOUS FOR USING THE WRONG TERMS!!! ITS THE PART NUMBER GM428 WHICH IS CORRECT FOR THE Z18XE ***

If you're considering a Remus or equivalent (GT3/Cybox/Sportex) un-resonated centre section then it may be a good idea to replace both parts at the same time.

HTH

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks allot your a star.

Will find a parts place around here to get one sorted.

and will have a search on here regarding the centre section and exhaust. Any advice you wish to spare otherwise will be greatly appreciated.

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by coupe turbo
    lag is a thing which warns me get ready for action.