Thread: mk4 van lowering suspension

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

mk4 van lowering suspension

Hi, I'm thinking of lowering my mk4 van by 40mm and was in need of some advice on what to go for. I know you can get just springs on there own for about £50 and seeing as i only really want it doing for the look of it, and relatively cheap will this be my best option? I'm going to be getting some alloys as well and i'm thinking 16" as tyres are still reasonable and it wont impare handling. Do you think that would be sufficient or would someone recommend shocks and springs to be on the safe side. also what are the advantages/disadvantages of coilovers? Sorry for long post.

thanks

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redror View Post
    Hi, I'm thinking of lowering my mk4 van by 40mm and was in need of some advice on what to go for. I know you can get just springs on there own for about £50 and seeing as i only really want it doing for the look of it, and relatively cheap will this be my best option? I'm going to be getting some alloys as well and i'm thinking 16" as tyres are still reasonable and it wont impare handling. Do you think that would be sufficient or would someone recommend shocks and springs to be on the safe side. also what are the advantages/disadvantages of coilovers? Sorry for long post.

thanks

Hi mate, ive just bought some 60mm g-max coupe springs today for my mk4 van. I'm the same as you really, dont really wanna spend a fortune and doing it mainly for looks.. Coilovers are good obviously but its only a van so why spend a fortune on it. (been there, done that). I'm not bothering changing my shocks until they go knackered and then i'll just buy some half decent ones. If you look on venommotorsport.com he has loads but i think there aren't any really low ones listed for vans but that doesnt matter as they are all the same springs but just vary depending on the weight of your car/van. As i said, the ones ive bought are for a coupe and lower it 60mm all round.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by filtee View Post
    Hi mate, ive just bought some 60mm g-max coupe springs today for my mk4 van. I'm the same as you really, dont really wanna spend a fortune and doing it mainly for looks.. Coilovers are good obviously but its only a van so why spend a fortune on it. (been there, done that). I'm not bothering changing my shocks until they go knackered and then i'll just buy some half decent ones. If you look on venommotorsport.com he has loads but i think there aren't any really low ones listed for vans but that doesnt matter as they are all the same springs but just vary depending on the weight of your car/van. As i said, the ones ive bought are for a coupe and lower it 60mm all round.
    They cost me £79. all in, but i picked them up. Not sure about postage.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    so springs off any other astra will fit the mk4 van?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yes. im fitting mine tomorrow

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    after you have fitted them, would you mind posting a pic. so can see how it sits

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah will. There is a guy on here with a white mk4 van and its him who told me that any fit. he has the same ones as what ive bought today. He has 18" vectra alloys on and it looks mint. he sent me a pic. ill try and send it you.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wa you gona do post it up?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if you go into the chassis section and go on page 3, about half way down there is a post i did last week. it says astravan lowering i think. click on there and on the second page there are pics of that white one. its got vectra c alloys on it. you cant miss it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if you've got the cash get the full kit or coilovers theres a good deal on fleabay about £130 all in, if you havent then just drop it on springs and hope your wallet fills up intime for them to give out lol, although a 40 drop shouldnt be too much im dropping mine 60 soon so my shocks will probably be dead by mot time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast