Thread: Straight thu Center section

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Straight thu Center section

Hey there iamplaning on getting a straight thu center section for my exhaust to get rid of the damn restrictive middle box. I have a 1.4 mk4 ( i know a baby... ) What sort of BHP increese will this give if any ? Roughly how much louder will this be ? What sort of price range should i be looking at for a center section ? any links Will be appreciated. Also i will still be using the OEM backbox Cheers for any help Liam

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you can get sportex/remus centre on ebay for around £35-80

From my experiance it makes it louder, but also raspy'er at the same time. but that with a stainless box not a OEM one.

To be honest i dont realy think alot of BHP is gained. maybe 5 top's?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludshot View Post
    you can get sportex/remus centre on ebay for around £35-80

From my experiance it makes it louder, but also raspy'er at the same time. but that with a stainless box not a OEM one.

To be honest i dont realy think alot of BHP is gained. maybe 5 top's?
    to be honest i aint botherd so much about BHP due to the fact my insurance premium would rocket lol just want something Subtle that sounds nice and aint gonna deffen me when sat at 70mph on a moterway as i do alot of long distance driving So would u say this would do it with a oem backbox or get a new box aswell ?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i wouldnt think they will but any/ if at all difference in noise with standard box, so id say swap boxes

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludshot View Post
    i wouldnt think they will but any/ if at all difference in noise with standard box, so id say swap boxes
    What box would u say then ? Like i say i dont Want anything Noisey that will deffen me at 70mph or loud enough 2 Wake my neighbors up lol

i remember my pug 106 days with a rage exhaust....... Read out at 107db whats standerd exhaust db set at ? do u know ?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if you dont want deafenning, i wouldnt do straight through centre section as i have heard its very loud as i was going to do it and got put off the fact and am now going to run a gt3 oval backbox.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah i have Read this quite a bit thats exactly y i was going to leave the OEM back box on as that does Quite abit of silencing still But not 100% sure tbh o well whats £50 for a center section always worth a try and if i dont Like it can always sell the Section on here

Quote Originally Posted by Lukey_AstraMk4 View Post
    if you dont want deafenning, i wouldnt do s centre section as i have heard its very loud as i was going to do it and got put off the fact and am now going to run a gt3 oval backbox.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you want a little noise, then keep the middle silencer and change the back box.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    i have a straight thru centre section and with my sportex backbox its really quite loud and throaty, if you dont want it loud and are worried about it keep a mid silencer and just get decent backbox. Longlife are good for tailer making your needs with regards to noise levels etc... too.

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Read the sticky at the top of this section...

If you want as much power as possible from the exhaust, then as a minimum you are best to change the centre pipe AND backbox - both are very restrictive. If noise is an issue then hunt out a catback system which still has a centre silencer e.g. Cybox will make one (via eBay) for you, this is what I have, and it is louder than OEM but in no way is it stupidly loud, I do too much driving to opt for a loud exhaust. Leaving either the OEM backbox or centre pipe on will leave you only half way there...