Thread: Astra H, easytronic, starting problems, 2005

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra H, easytronic, starting problems, 2005

Hi guys, i am new to the forum, but i am in need of desperate help if anyone can help me out, I have a Astra 05 easytronic, that decided yesterday not to start, I turn the switch and nothing, all the lights are on, but doesnt ven attempt to start the engine? i have 2 lights on the dash, 1 with the spanner and 1 with a pic of the engine and now the car wont start, or go into gear, had the codes read today, and its p1700 Transmission control system malfunction?? if anyone can help id greatly appreciate it, thank you

Just to note, the place i took it are a very reputable auto elec's, but they have told me i would need a new unit costing £708 + vat + programming??

I have a nice car sitting outside that i cannot drive, maybe an easytronic problem then? am sure someone can help me out on this.. cheers

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had the same problem about 2 months ago,left it over night every thing working electric wise but nothing from engine.
    Mechanic came out with big battery jump leads and got it going.could not believe it but thats all it was.
    sent it back too garage i purchased it from but they did diagnostic checks and could find nothing wrong. has not done it since.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    they can get the car going temporary but it doent fix the problem.

so leeno what have you done to your car since?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have the same problem with my astra easytronic...its sitting in the car undergoing millions of tests until the thickos can establish the fault.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im having the same problem and have been told that the problem is with my CIM module but from reading all these forums i got a feeling that it might not be a fault with CIM module. This seems like a common fault with Astra H and i think we need to put a petition to Vaux as this is b***s***. I have done alot of research on this problem and as its coming up to xmas and i dont want to spend money on a new CIM when the problem doesnt lie there.