Thread: Rear Fog Lights

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rear Fog Lights

It was slightly foggy here earlier, it's still dull & grey too if you're interested in knowing that.

Anyhow, it wasn't foggy to the extent that you couldn't see further than 5m, viewing distance was a good 100m+.

However people were using their front fog lights (If they had them) and I have no objection to this as it was at least foggy. I dont think we need to dive into slagging off the tw.ats who drive around when it's not foggy but insist on using their front fog lights like complete c\/nts.

So, back on topic, none of the cars that had their front fog lights on had their rears on.

So, is it a case of, "Woohoo I now have an excuse to use the front fog lights and be *cool*"?

Surely if it's foggy enough to justify front fog lights then rears should be used also? afterall, rears are far more effective than fronts (IMO).
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    it annoys me when people have their rear fogs on when it isn't even foggy!

some woman new years day on M11, in an astra mk5 had front and rear fogs on. ok, was grey and over cast but no need for fogs, or even dipped headlights either!
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not very often do I use fog;s, they drive me up the wall..

I stick mine on and some times go as far as main beam, or over take and stick my rear light on and see how they like it...

good rant that man!
    Celica T-Sport , Audi S3 , scania r series

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pi55es me of seeing this , see it far to much esp on the motorway. Then when the fog lights are really needed they never friggin use them. Make's my blood boil esp when on a motorway an its really foggy or if its raining really heavy an the spray is so bad u cant see jack crap like.
    An also i hate it when ppl only use sidelights when its really foggy or if there is really bad spray on motorways. Cant see them an then when you go to overtake some twilly appears out of nowhere an flashes you to watch out for them but they never had any god dam lights on in the first place to be able to see them in fog or harsh spray conditons....arrghh

rant over....

Oh an aye rear fogs should go on automatically when front fogs are used, that way the police would be able to spot the ppl who use them when they dont need to be used.

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Astra 1.8 Twintop, Lotus Carlton, Meriva VXR and Nova
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I know what you mean Scott.

I have either both front AND rear fogs on (in fog obviously)

or

When it's not foggy, neither on. It's not that difficult to work out really.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    What are you guys chattin about?

Fronts should be used at all times because it looks cool innit.

Or at least that's what i was told when i asked a lad i work with why he was driving around in daylight, clear skies, with his front fogs on.

I walked off shaking my head

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's the excessive use of rear fogs that gets me. I dont really have a problem with people using the front ones, as they kinda point down, as they're designed to cut under the fog. So i dont find them that blinding. But rear fogs when it's not down to visibility below 50m or so, or when you come up behind someone in the fog, and they dont turn them off. That annoys me.
    Or even worse, when people are driving with them on a clear night. How can they not see a light lit up on the dash infront of them?!
    Mk5 Astra 888 CDTI No.58
    "you can’t help but drive the 888 Astra hard, everywhere, constantly" - Evo Magazine.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Begs to question why car manufacturers build cars with two separate switches for the front and rear fogs then......

Must admit if i do use fogs i normally just hit the button for the front. Less there is alot of traffic about then i use the rears too.

kr00zin_uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Scott View Post
    Surely if it's foggy enough to justify front fog lights then rears should be used also? afterall, rears are far more effective than fronts (IMO).
    It was probably because they were being considerate for once!

Front fogs are designed not to dazzle and are aimed below dipped headlights to cut under the fog for better visibility.

Rear fogs are aimed directly at the traffic behind for safety in thick fog, hence why these are a legal requirement!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im not a fan of rear fog lights either, im not really bothered about people using their front fogs tho

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast