Thread: question for all u gym lovers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

question for all u gym lovers

basically.. i've been lifting weights for the past 3months.. every other day.... but the hard work doesnt stop on me for more than 24 hours i can go work out for half hour to an hour. come back home and put a t-shirt on and it feels tight to my arms.. like i can tell i've been working the muscle.. then 24 hours later when i've not been working out i put the same t-shirt on... (just for hanging about the house of cause) and its lose as **** on me again. Surely this cant be right?? is there anything i can do to help keep the weight on me??

i tend to eat quite abit.. when i can been as im an electrician and im at work all day.. i eat in my breaks and then when im at home whilst also using weight gainer after i've been working out as im only 10stone in weight with a 5ft 10 height

but i want to put abit of weight and strength to me as im fed up the way i am at the min... but feel like im wasting my money on going to the gym as im not keeping any of the muscle on me for any length of time... what can i dooooooooooooooo??

cheers

Matt
    Rolling in a: 57 Astra 1.7 SRi CDTi with X-Pack in Black (135K Miles).
    61 Corsa 1.4 SRi With X-pack in Silver

kr00zin_uk
    You don't mention your age, but just wait until you hit your mid 20s mate!

I used to be a skinny little runt (yes I said runt), I used to work out very little and eat all the food I wanted, but I didn't gain any weight. I've always eaten a fairly healthy balenced diet though.

However, now I'm really happy with my build. I would say I am average/medium, to ever so lightly above.

But I know I have to work on my stomach, but I just can't be arsed - lifes too short to worry and nit pick about perfecting every little feature!

I still don't do the gym as when I went before, I found it so boring and repetative! I would much rather go and jog with my dogs in the countryside...

As far as tips for you goes, you probably know it all really. Don't waste your money on protein shakes/bars etc. A pint of full fat milk a day and a healthy balanced diet should sort you out. Just increase your calorie intake for the weight gain, but make sure you stick with your exercise to burn it off. Don't just concentrate on one area of your body, make sure you do weights and cardiovascular for overall fitness and definition.

Whatever happens, don't get frustrated or worry too much about your body, just accept it's who you are and be happy with your build.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Would you post a car related question on a bodybuilding forum? Try googlin bodybuilding.com, and the shakes are for increasing calorie/protein intake between meals.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Zafira GSi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You've just been training your muscle's so there tense,24 hours later they have relaxed again m8.Keep @ it,go every night, Monday-Friday .
    . ..SRiTaff ...
    LIKE: ZletCruisers on Facebook.
    Drives: Arden Blue Zafira GSi.

kr00zin_uk
    Quote Originally Posted by postie View Post
    Would you post a car related question on a bodybuilding forum? Try googlin bodybuilding.com, and the shakes are for increasing calorie/protein intake between meals.
    It's in the chit chat and warm welcome forum, so conversations don't have to be car related. However a body building forum would probably give more accurate advice.

I know the shakes are for increasing calorie/protein intake in between meals and assisting in muscle recovery. That's obvious isn't it? I'm just saying they are a waste of money when you could get pretty much the same effect from drinking full fat milk and eating a varied diet.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Zafira GSi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by postie View Post
    Notice u dont come on here very much m8,so a quick lesson 4 u....The 'chit chat & warm welcome' thread is 4 any subject atall,cars or not.

U read the title before u came in2 the thread,if your not intrested then go & find a thread with a car related title .
    . ..SRiTaff ...
    LIKE: ZletCruisers on Facebook.
    Drives: Arden Blue Zafira GSi.

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Of course your muscles will be 'larger' just after working out...and large muscles don't fully equate with strength either.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dont give up!you will get this however big and strong you are.
    its called the PUMP

Try a supplement called N.O Xplode, its good for increasing the pump as it gets nitric oxide/oxygen to your muscles better. and it keeps it there for longer, giving you the pump through the day.

A glass of milk is not going to get you the nutriants a protein shake gives you. a decent one is packed with amino's, vitamins etc. However, i suggest the intake of these should be accompanyd by a healthy balanced diet... as natural is natural!

im about the same height as you, and 23. i started off 11st but mostly fat... just over 12 now after a year of good training and a good diet (with the help of protein shakes) i feel great, and my fat has reduced no end.

one bit of advice, never give up the cardio, and make sure once in a while you rep out hard to stregthn the muscles rather than enlarge them.
    "Don't waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself"

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SRiTaff View Post
    Notice u dont come on here very much m8,so a quick lesson 4 u....The 'chit chat & warm welcome' thread is 4 any subject atall,cars or not.

U read the title before u came in2 the thread,if your not intrested then go & find a thread with a car related title .
    The thread did intrest me thas why i reply`d m8, bein a regular gym user, just thought he`d get a more informed opinion on a relevant website. Protein /weightgain shakes are not a waste as tryin to shovel down 6xmeals a day to maximise your efforts in the gym is not allways possible/doable. Whether i "come on here" much dosnt really matter, a quick lesson isnt goin to answer his question, what was your contribution again?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you get the tight feeling from water retention in your muslces after youve pumped them.
    if you want to gain size, split training is best, ie monday chest& abs, tue- back etc.
    this enable you to give each muscle group full concentration and you need to lift until fail as this will tear small muscle fibres.
    then as said above protien is full of what you need consume within 45 mins of training.
    also its roughly 2g of protein per kg of body weight to help you grow.

as for eating small frequent meals is much better for you than lager meals.

i found what helped me was, i was eating 6 or 6 meals a day and was having protein every 3 or 4 hours. and taking creatine 3 times a day to help maintain my workouts.

keep the cardio up to keep bodyfat down.
    change youe weight training routine and how you attack each muscle everymonth.

basicaly just keep working hard and you will see the results in the end

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast