Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AMP SUB and 6x9's

Hi

I am new to using amps but want to get it sounding good, at the moment i have got a Fly sub with built in amp but does not have a place for speakers in the amp.

So i want to get a new amp sub and and my 6x9's, but how will i wire it up??

I think i will need a 4 channel amp but dont know anything about it, Does an amp have a RCA in from your headunit along with your remote wire and also a RCA out to go to your sub (or is this wrong??) and then do my 6x9's go into the channels??

Hope i dont sounds to thick!!!???!!!

Cheers

JBINNEY

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Suggestion? Ignore 6x9's and uprate the front door speaker instead and amp those...much better overall sound quality, you want treble at the front of the car (for improved stereo imaging) and bass at the rear - bass shouldn't sound like it is coming from any specific direction.

Anyhow, if you keep your existing sub/amp combo then you only need a 2channel amp for the 6x9's (or door speakers!), you'd need to run the power/earth leads possibly from the ones you have for the existing Fli setup. You'd then need an RCA lead from the head unit to the new amp - if you're head unit has two RCA outputss then you'd use the rear for the sub and the front for the 6x9's (or go on, stick some decent components up front instead!)...you can split the remote wire into two to feed the new anp and existing Fli sub/amp combo.