Thread: Wiring Diagram for Opel Astra 1.6 Station Wagon (1996)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wiring Diagram for Opel Astra 1.6 Station Wagon (1996)

I would like to install an alarm and a remote starter. Can someone help me with the necessary wiring diagram for the installation? The ignition has one black/red wire, 2 heavy black wires ,a red wire and a heavy red wire. From the test i did , i found out that the black/red wire is the crank wire, the heavy red wire is the constant 12v+ wire as it reads 12.4 volts when the ignition is at off position.I am confused though as the right side of the ignition has a harness with wires connected to a black regtangular like unit that appears to be connected to the ignition/starter switch. I would appreciate if someone could send me the door wiring diagram, the igniticon diagram as well as the handbrake switch wiring diagram.
    I can be reached at jamjoe1@gmail.com. I will also keep looking here to see if someone has answered to my post.
    Thanks in advance.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Welcome mate

As for as I know no diagrams are avaiable in a computer format so you would have to use a haynes manual or similar

To start with a 1996 car should have immobilisation but into the key so remote start won;t work without glueing the chip to the ignition pick up which would void any insurance. The wiring harness just goes onto the ignition switch so pick them up there

Door locking is negative pulse, brown/red for lock and brown/white for unlock. Pick up the handbrake wire in the centre at the switch
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post
    Welcome mate

As for as I know no diagrams are avaiable in a computer format so you would have to use a haynes manual or similar

To start with a 1996 car should have immobilisation but into the key so remote start won;t work without glueing the chip to the ignition pick up which would void any insurance. The wiring harness just goes onto the ignition switch so pick them up there

Door locking is negative pulse, brown/red for lock and brown/white for unlock. Pick up the handbrake wire in the centre at the switch

dose autodata 2007 not have the diagrams ( am sure its on my laptop )

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    I doubt it for that side of things, TIS doens't even have diagrams for it
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Guys , does anyone know how i can get access to this diagram? I would really appreciate your help. If no diagram is avalable can somebody give me some detailed explaination?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Does it mean that a remote starter wouldn't work on a 1996 car like mine is ? My vehicle looks something like this http://www.fullmobile.de/DisplayOffer.aspx?OfferID=1228

Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post
    Welcome mate

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    In the UK cars had immobilisers fitted as standard from late 1994, not sure about other countries though

the post I made above is about as detailed as you can get

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i will look on my laptop for you the mron when am in the workshop if thers any tihng there ill post up a pic for you