Thread: Finally saw a great movie - Seven Pounds

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Finally saw a great movie - Seven Pounds

Well after a good 18 months of watching films, searching for something decent that I could think 'that was a great movie' last night I found it Seven Pounds is fantastic and you should go and see it!

I am not going to say what its about as generally films get ruined for me like that, I would rather know nothing and just watch it, after hearing various bits on the radio before I went to see it, did take some of the enjoyment away for me. So just go and see it - but dont go on a Saturday night

Rant -

Why do people go to the cinemas these days? Our showing was 6:15 Saturday evening, and it was quite full, but just in the places I could see there was 3 seperate occasions when people were told to be quiet!

The girl along the row from us had 3 phone calls, the first one was to meet a boy outside, which she did and missed 30mins of the film - but then came back in!! She then told her mates about the boy, who rang again half way through and then she had no idea what was going on, so talked some more

Another girl two rows down chatting to her boyfriend smack in the middle (no spare seats to the left or right of them) talking so loudly I could hear her, got a telling of from a woman. She then procedeed to back chat the woman, so the man behind them told her to shut up before he throws her out from his seat

Next up bottom row of seats 3 girls constantly laughing and talking and on mobiles (nice to see the mobile light up in front of the screen) however the usher did get rid of them towards the end

That was just from what I could see, let alone what was going on behind me! I just dont see the point, its £5.75 to get in drinks, food etc and it comes to £15 and then you talk all the way through it and pay no attention... I just dont get it, so now on we are going during the week we think.

rant over - sorry
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    Yer...I'm nuts!!
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Follow untouchable On Twitter
    But at least it was a good film though Mat lol

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mate i know how you feelw ith the mobiles and talking

people are so selfish these days and dont give a **** who they annoy

anyway back to the film

i aint seen it yet but i intend too as persuit of happiness was great and its the same director
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    Hulk smash!!
    Mentioned in
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    I know what you mean... I try and go to films after they have been out a week or two - so there are less ppl there . Monday nights are always quiet.

Haven't heard good things about this film, but could be wrong. I am going to see the The Wrestler tomorrow night, heard that should be good.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I seen it a week ago, fantastic film but alos one that makes you think...........

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I tired watching Pursuit of Happiness but it bored the hell out of me which is a shame as I love Will Smith films. Probably won't bother with 7 pounds.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I watched slum dog millionaire last night, was very good. Thankfully that did seem to appeal to chavvy young teens so none were in there to ruin it for anyone.

Status
    the man in the boat
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    i saw it last week, it was a good film just a bit slow to start with, but when the plot is out it make a liitle sense,

not his best film ever but not bad

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do any of your local cinemas have a VIP room? I usually try and go there for films, its twice the price but only about 30 seats and usually you will find its people who actually want to enjoy the film so no kids crying or teenagers talking on the phone or anything, you also get far comfier seats

Status
    North East RO
    Mentioned in
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Add Chewy. on Facebook
    a good film if you get a chance to watch it is FELON, see what you think of that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast