Thread: Setting up the actuator

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Setting up the actuator

Is there a proper way to set the wastegate actuator up on the standard z20let turbo? ive been getting a fault code 1106 and have replaced a few sensors but still getting the code, it only happens when i go full boost i know that the actuator rod has been adjusted before to try and find why it was low on boost but i think it may have been turned up too much. is there a correct way of setting it or should i just do the 6 threads and try it.?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    can anyone answer this i need to no 2 thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah there is a right way to set the actuator up, im taking mine to a place called cartec fiting and seting it for £40, they measure the boost , then set the actuator to suit, i know other people just try a trail and error theory with a boost gauge ,

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Could really do with knowing this as well...

Think its very hard to say without using a boost gauge to measure how much to adjust it.
    Astra coupe turbo 280bhp-sold
    BMW E60 5 Series M Sport

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You need a boost gauge END OF, it's like playing with fire if you're just going to adjust it and hope for the best!!

Rule of thumb is 5 threads showing on the end on the actuator but you really need a gauge fitted to be sure as there are many factors that need to be addressed like remaps, back pressure, state of your turbo, even the petrol used ie 95 or 99RON, you need to be certain cus if your overboost too much you'll shag the thrust bearing
    FORMERLY WAVEYBLUEWATER

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I seem to remember if you've got a foot pump and some tubing you can check it yourself. Stick the tube on the end of it and pump slowly until the arm pushes out or you can see the flap move. Check what psi it moves.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_gsi View Post
    yeah there is a right way to set the actuator up, im taking mine to a place called cartec fiting and seting it for £40, they measure the boost , then set the actuator to suit, i know other people just try a trail and error theory with a boost gauge ,

wheres cartec paul im in redcar...........
    Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its very easy to fit an actuator or remove- remove heat sheild and you will see two size 10 bolts on the actuator bracket- undo. Then put you hand from under the front of the bumper and feel around for the third size 10 bolt at the bottom of the actuator bracket- undo. Then undo the nuts that bolt to the wastegate and free away the actuator. Fitting is reverse and takes me around 10 minutes. Car should be cold to save your hands.

If you want to set the actuator for the map you are running or just want to "zero" it, then you must have a boost gauge- MUST.

Unplug the front boost control solenoid that plugs into the N75 valve- right near the actuator. Take the car for a drive- managemnt light will come on- dont sweat it. With the plug out your car should boost to 0.35 bar or very close to that- if not adjust the actuator nut so that you achieve 0.35 bar boost or close.

Plug the N75 vavlve plug back in- your actautor is now zeroed perfectly- that means it will boost you to what you map was desigend for- or even std. boost on factory software.

From here you can make your fine tuning adjustments for higher boost or lower.
    "More torque less talk"
    07-Astra OPC
    04-Astra Coupe

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ive been having the same code(1106) mate so changed the actuator for a vxr one(on Z20LET turbo)and still have the problem so went to vauxhall and courtnays and they have said its the frount BCS i have orderd one to see if it fixes the problem!If not it could be the MAP sencor!
    ASTRA VXR ......BRING IT ON BABY.....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhys57 View Post
    wheres cartec paul im in redcar...........

here you are matey

Cartec
    Vroom Retail Park
    Orion Business Park
    Tyne Tunnel Trading Estate
    Tyne and Wear
    NE29 7SN
    Tel: 0191 2570287

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast