Thread: Crd2..red...green Eco

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Crd2..red...green Eco

Sorry that this is another tuning box thread but i do want one just unsure what to get, sent an email asking a few questions but was informed to come on here.
    am i right in thinking that the CRD2 has different power settings and the Green Eco is for economy...does it give anymore power thou?
    and Red..is that just one power setting?

would appreciate advice thanks

like i said...i will get one but not sure what one lol

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    from what i no mate the crd2 and green are same power, but crd2 has power settings, i was told if you like playing go crd2 if not go green.

but i have heard people saying that the crd2 is better for adjusting up to suit your own driving style, i cannot comment as i have not got 1,

but i have a green and will say that you will definatly nor be disapointed if you buy 1.

if you go over to AON theres lots and lots of info on the boxes over there

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what engine have you got? niether of these are recommended if you have the 1.7, you need the pdi box

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry i didnt mention but ive got the 1.9 150 engine
    i may have to llok on the AON...just want to buy the right box

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you'll probably get the same response on aon, both boxes come recommended, trust me you need to speak to andrew888!!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ian-n View Post
    sorry i didnt mention but ive got the 1.9 150 engine
    i may have to llok on the AON...just want to buy the right box
    i reckon u'll enjoy the crd2 box more u can fine tune it urself, ive got this box an ucan crank it up for a bit a spirit driving and then turn it bk down for a bit ov grandad driving lol
    Astra 1.9 CDTI 150 xp DTUK crd2
    BHP ??? FT LBS ???

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i spoke to an andrew pawley via email and he said to talk to owners on astra forums....guess it was late and he prob busy at the time.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    http://www.astraownersnetwork.com/sh...ad.php?t=50604

have a look at this mate, or shoot over to the forum and have a look in the diesel tuning section there is alot of info over there for you to flick through

Status
    Supporting Trader
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Ian

Box systems produce around 200bhp and 300-340lbft of torque depending on rolling road, the major differences are in the way the power is delivered...

A member of AON called Mollymoo recently wrote this...

The Difference Between The DTUK Green And CRD2 On A 1.9CDTI
    From MollyMoo - 10th Nov 08

Taken from Astra Owners Network
    "
    "

My visit to DTUK (Whats the difference between the DTUK Green and DTUK CRD2)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After firing a few pm's at Andy (Abyss), the gaffer at DTUK, I decided to pay him a visit and find out first hand what all the fuss is about with regards to the tuning boxes he offers.

First things first, you couldn't hope to find a nicer, more open, honest and helpful bloke. Every question I asked was answered in plain english with plenty of proof to back it up.

I made it quite clear on arrival that I wasn't looking to purchase until sorting things out with my insurance company, but rather than see me as some kind of timewaster Andy still extended every courtesy.

I had made my decision as to which set-up I was most interested in but allowed Andy to talk me through the pro's and con's of each system (con's bit didn't take long as from what I can see there aren't any!) and then he suggested I try it out for myself.

Trying it out wasn't a case of a passenger ride in a demonstrator driven, probably with other undisclaimed mods, by someone who knows how to get the best out of the box. It consisted of Andy fitting the system to my own car (approx. 3 minutes flat!) and sending me off on my own with a standard green box fitted AND another tweaked green box (i'll let Andy tell you what they were set too so I don't get it wrong) plus instructions on how to change them over. After I got back he asked me how it was and then gave me a tweaked (again i'll let Andy confirm the figures) red crd2 and sent me off on my merry way again!

I must make it quite clear at this point that it was a totally blind test. Andy wanted me to find it out for myself, he didn't tell me in advance how the three different boxes would act, potentially clouding my judgement, he just left to see how my car would react. When I got back I described the power curves and then he showed me the actual maps on his PC and they corresponded perfectly with the behaviour I had described!

Now to the actual bits of kit. The boxes themselves are compact, robust and look very well made. The looms look like Vauxhall original equipment and as said fitting was a doddle.

Tested on my otherwise standard cdti 150 sri sporthatch

Straight out of the box green - impressive turn of power and useful extra torque, difference is immediate.

Tweeked green box - same as above but more so, very linear power delivery, hard-hitting, induced gobs of torque-steer nailing it out of a junction in 2nd. Reminded me of a twin-cam petrol, could feel the power coming in waves as if coming 'on-cam'. Bit of a Jeremy Clarkson 'pppppppppoooooooooooooowwwwww wwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrr rrr!!!!!!!!' feeling.

Tweeked CRD2 box - all the power and torque of the tweeked green but felt much smoother and more controlled in its delivery. Torque appeared to last longer in the range. worth the extra pennies in my opinion.

On the CRD2 i did a direct comparison with stock holding, speed in certain gears. In each instance the red was delivering the speed with approx 4-500 less revs, holding up the claims of improved fuel efficiency according to driving style.

In closing (thank god he's shutting up everyone shouts!) any doubts you have can be easily dispelled by a visit to Andy and experiencing what these boxes can do. If you are too far away then just take my word for it and buy one anyway (join AON for a handy discount). For an exceptionally busy guy (a phone at each ear the whole time I was there) Andy couldn't be more helpful unless he gave you the kit for free then chauffered you home! Buy one you wont regret it.

Thanks for working your way through war and peace!

p.s. just thought of two cons, 1 I haven't got one yet and 2 I'm gonna end up on first name terms with the local traffic cops!

Oh and just to make it perfectly clear I have never met Andy until today and have absolutely no vested interests in DTUK.
    Also, paying members of this club receive a healthy discount on all our systems
    Diesel Tuning UK - 1.9CDTI - 206bhp/430nm
    Exclusive Offers for Paying Members of A.O.C
    www.diesel-performance.co.uk

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks andrew thats what i wanted to know.
    still not sure thou but im not worried about tweaking a box so i guess the green one will do for me?