Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter

MK5 SXi exhaust

have noticed on an mk5 sxi down the road from me that his exhaust is oval, and visible at the back of the car. it is a 1.6

mine, which is exactly the same but a 1.4, still a mk5 sxi 5dr hatch, has got its "pea shooter" hidden behind the bumper.

now, when the exhaust is replaced, is it reasonable to ask my local independent garage to fit one of these oval sxi 1.6 exhausts (standard vxl) to my car? would it be possible?

many thanks
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi mate i have the SRI exhaust that your talking about for sale if your interested? I also have the rear bumper with the cut out but its for the 3dr so wouldnt fit yours im affraid.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    oh, so i can assume that the bumper has to be cut for the exhaust then? would there be anyway of getting the garage to fit it without cutting the bumper? am not looking to do this just yet, but possibly in the future, just wanted to find out some details!
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    North East RO
    Mentioned in
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Add Chewy. on Facebook
    not to sure for definate but i would say yes the bumper does have to be cut to make the exhaust fit as its cut on every model with the standard oval.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeh the bumper on the models with the oval tip has a manufactured notch to fit the tip, you could simply cut a notch into your bumper but not sayin it would look as good and depends on where you get it done some garages will some wont.