Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help on Alloys

Hi All

I hope this is in the right place, apologies if its not. I have 18" 5 spoke (I think they are the Penta?) on my Astra sport hatch. I bought it with them a little bit scuffed, but nothing a quick £50 at the repair man wouldn't fix..

BUT when he has taken them off to have a look, he noticed that 3 of the 4 are buckled beyond repair.

I now need 4 new alloys. Not too much of an issue you would think until my local Vauxhall dealer told me they would be about £1500 + Vat to replace.

SO I am after some help to find an alternative, I must confess that looking around and not knowing too much about it has confused the life out of me.

Any help in suggesting a good brand and a few nice looking alternatives would be much appreciated.

Thank

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi mate, bit off topic but how do wheels buckle.....thinking of getting allos myself but i hear too much of this......

have a look on a few websites and see what you like

type in alloys wheels on google and a few of the websites at the top are very good with pics , sizes and prices ........depends what style wheel u like and how much you wana spend i guess...i personally like BK Wheels, Lenso(do nice 5 spoke with a dished rim), ACE alloys, AEZ alloys, Kei Alloys....they are all on these websites just a matter of loooking and seeing what u like...
    remember to check you get the right sizes...someelse on here will help you better with that

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for that and apologies for all about it being in the wrong place. I tried to delete it / move it.

I have looked at the BK999. For some reason they look "small" in the other examples I found on google images. I will look the the others you have suggested.

Thanks for your help

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    oh to the "ho do they buckle" I know I did one when I hit box on the motorway, but the other 2, he said could have been anything, pot holes at speed, the curb. I didn't realise alloys were as fragile as all that