Thread: 1.9 150 CDTI Questions

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1.9 150 CDTI Questions

I bought a Haynes manual for 2004-08 Diesels to carry out a major overhall - however the following are not entirely clear...

- How do you unclip the fuel filter unit out of the metal holder behind the engine? There is apparently a clip somewhere to push with a screw driver from the right hand side but I can't see it!
    - Where is the oil filter located as it tells you where on a 1.3cdti but not for my engine.
    - Where is the oil sump plug under the car as the under car diagram is for a single engine but it doesn't quite seem to match mine

Cheers

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    R.E oil filter location, the best way to describe it, is its in the middle of the engine at the rear. You will need a large trolly jack, or ramps to easily get to it. When underneath the car if you look up, close to where the exhaust pipe flexi is, you will see a black plastic pot with a nut on it (32mm) i think. This unscrews and the filter element is housed in there. As for the sump plug, when your underneath you will easily spot it.

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The above is correct and just to add to it - the sump plug is in the worlds most stupid place. the oil pishes out all over the cat so make sure you give it a good clean (I used carb cleaner) before firing up the car again!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes sump plug on these has 4 holes in the side of it too, so as you're undoing it be prepared for niagra falls as oil spurts out in all directions!! The fuel filter housing should lift up out of it's crash box with *gentle* lifting - i release them with the tip of a screwdriver underneath the lip of the filter housing, then lever down gently against the right hand side of the crash box.

I emphasise these filter housings are just suppose to lift out - no clip, just a tight fit - be aware if you do use the screwdriver trick on the plastic housing! I've always had to use it and not had any breakages yet!!

Regards
    Nick.