Thread: thinking of astra cdti but couple of questions

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thinking of astra cdti but couple of questions

hi all been thinking about an astra cdti 150 and come across this one its a 55 plate design model.

first off what colour is it apart form blue but what colour of blue as iv never seen it before and not too sure on it?

what like are they to drive? i will hopefully be test driving it soon but just curious to what others think

i had a gsi many moons ago and hoping that if i get tuning box for it that it will match performance of that? any one driving gsi then one of these with tuning box?

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cubz View Post
    hi all been thinking about an astra cdti 150 and come across this one its a 55 plate design model.
    Good choice

first off what colour is it apart form blue but what colour of blue as iv never seen it before and not too sure on it?
    Not sure but I'm sure someone will be able to tell you.

what like are they to drive? i will hopefully be test driving it soon but just curious to what others think
    Brilliant to drive. Feel very 'planted' on the road, good feedback and you generally feel safe driving it.

i had a gsi many moons ago and hoping that if i get tuning box for it that it will match performance of that? any one driving gsi then one of these with tuning box?
    It wont match exactly. Remember it's a diesel so it drives differently. The power band is much narrower but a lot more torquey. You'll find it different from the GSI but just as much fun once you're used to it. With a tuning box, it'll really fly and will easily keep up with (and pass!) a standard GSI.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As above, but I only have a 1.7

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the reply i found one the same colour in the mk5 post on here but still not sure what colour it is.

iv only ever had teh mondeo tdci and it was a 130 and th64ght that was quick enough so am sure if i get this that it will be fast enough without tuning box but like you said willfly with it.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think thats breeze blue.
    Irmscher MK3 Astra Irmscher Mk4 SXi 1.8 16V Vectra C CDTi Astra H 1.7 CDTi XP Moonland SRi CDTi Sporthatch Astra VXR

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think it's too light to be the Peacock but it's still a nice colour.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dont think ill be getting that one as garage offered me pennines for my car so looks like i need to sell private and buy one.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its breeze blue mate, I have the 3dr 1.9 CDTI in the same colour. Lovely colour and not many of them going about!

Here's a few pictures of mine:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im pretty sure 1.9 with a dtuk box puts out nearly 200 bhp will just about keep up with a vxr (well according to a thread on the diesel section). if you get one, get one with the xp kit looks even better than standard sporthatch imoa

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Binns - fantastic looking car and great pics !

I love the drive of the CDTI but I have to say not that fast without a tuning box. I have an Ebay T--Tuning box, around 190 bhp and a panel filter. As stated (once chipped) its neck and neck with a modern VXR Astra - maybe not on top end as the diesel is rev limited to 4000 RPM in 6th = 138mph.

Top end is not really a great idea IMO anyway, the mid range is great, peak torque really hits between 2000 - 3000 rpm. That takes you from 70 - 100 in 6th so is enough to suprise a lot of other cars. 1st 2nd and even 3rd require a degree of restraint if you dont want to spin the wheels and just scrub off some tyre tread.

After 14,000 miles mine has settled on around 48 mpg, mainly A & B road stuff for me with probably about 1 motorway run per week.

If you test drive one you could really do with knowing if its chipped already, if its very sharp with minimal turbo lag its probably chipped. When i disconnect my box i realise how laggy it is below 2000 rpm.

Verdict - great car, get one. Hope that helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast