Thread: Access to Trip Computer Astra G

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Access to Trip Computer Astra G

I have a Astra G 1.6 8v Club it has a VDU display with time and temperature, It also give the car radio cd player details when applicable.

In the manual it says the VDU is a trip-computer that contains various setting and information such as data on fault efficiency and any faults. They can be accessed by using S and R Button located on the right stalk or media centre. The problem is I donít have no S and R button located on the stalk.

Does that mean I donít have access to these options?

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yep

I don't think this can be added easily either but someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    when reading the manual, everything that has a * next to it means that its not standard on all models! so yours hasnt got it! it would be a big job to fit it and really wouldnt be cost effective! sorry.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am surprised that they don't print a manaul only for the spec car one has; Considering the car costs so much more then the manual for it.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toomsie View Post
    I am surprised that they don't print a manaul only for the spec car one has; Considering the car costs so much more then the manual for it.
    Thats not really a viable option if you think about it sensibly

the Astra G had several standard trim levels to start with so youd need to have say for example 10 different manuals for these spec cars......then youve got the owners who spec'd upgraded parts therefore youd need in effect a custom manual for each car......

OR just have the 1 manual with everything in - asterisks to pinpoint what is an optional extra and clues to tell ya if its fitted or not - such as buttons on stalks.

If they did do the individual manual thing then I wouldnt have been surprised if Vx went under several years ago.

AFAIK Club models didnt have the option for MFD trip computers and retro fitting it is an absolute nightmare of a job - ive had one fitted on mine but i did have a donor car to transfer the innards from.