Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fitting HIDs to FK/Depo angels eyes question

hi,

woohoo my HIDs have arrived (next day delivery that took 10 days!). Below is one of the HIDs + ballast.

Circled is the two connectors which I'm guessing do into the plug that normally plugs into the H7 bulb? My question is, how do I go about passing the wires from outside the headlight unit to inside it? I thought they were meant to be a staight swap? The HID above has a rubber gromit type thing but I don't think there is a hold in the back of the headlight to put it in, I guess I should try and pass the wires through the existing one where all the cables currently go into?

Any help greatly appreciated. hoping to fit them this afternoon.
    No longer an astra owner

Now a Vectra owner

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is the rear of my angel eye:

I'm guessing if I leave A & B off then the unit will mist up? But I can't see any way of passing the light through C.
    No longer an astra owner

Now a Vectra owner

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i cut them of in accordance with the how to in this site
    Mk4 ASTRA 1.7DTI Estate On 126K Miles Now 127k 11/10/2008 - - 129K 28/11/2008 - - 130k 04/01/2009 -- Now 138k 08/05/2009 Now 142k and a broken Diff -- 144K

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    they are for Standard Astra headlights I believe. The FK angel eyes don't have bulb holders for me to cut. So unfortunately the how to doesn't help me
    No longer an astra owner

Now a Vectra owner

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    In your image you will find the left connector on the ballest will unplug and then the standard headlight connector will plug straight into it. Cut all that rubber grommet off before the HID's to so your just left with the 2 wires

What I then did was put the HID into the headlight and tape the wires up to the bottom of the headlight where they go out the rubber boot and put it back on

Been like that now for 2 years and i've had no misting up problems
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cool, I'll have a look tomorrow at it and let you know how I get on. Thanks autosparks

I've got them up and running atm and WOW what a difference!
    No longer an astra owner

Now a Vectra owner

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    right, i'll do my best, remove the rubber cap that covers the "DIPPED" light which i presume you will be fitting the hid bulb, then cut a hole in the back of the rubber cap, not a massive one, just enought to fit thehid bulb through. Next fit the hid bulb in place, when you remove the original halogen bulb take note of the connector installed inside the lamp housing which should be attached to the back of the halogen bulb which you pop off the back of the halogen bulb. This connector you will notice will be able to recieve the two metal spades you are enquiring about, pop them in, the black matching black and red matching yellow or white i forget which. Turn on your dipped, if it fails to light then simply swap the spades around. THis should help, the spades should sit snug too, so dont let them loose.

REMEMBER it will only light up if the hid kit is connected up the way you have it in the picture above.

Let me know how you get on

sorry for taking too long to respond......doh

Dave
    i would if i could but i cant (be arsed)
    maybe I can....clicky ......now sold !

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Guess which side has the HID installed

No longer an astra owner

Now a Vectra owner

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Much better.

On the rubbers for the back of the lights, I have a hole cut that is slightly smaller than the gromit on the bulb.

Pass the bulb though the rubber and fit, then put the gromit in the hole and it will create a nice seal and stop water getting it

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok just been out sorting out my HIDs. I did as autosparks suggested and got rid of the blades etc and plugged my car straight into the ballast. The only thing I found was the polarity was wrong and the HID didn't light so I had to put the connector onto the ballast backwards if you know what I mean. Works fine.

I noticed this when I was going the job:

This is the tab above the dipped beam. The one above the main beam just says H7. Doesn't this imply that the projector lamp is actually designed for use with HID bulbs (D2S) and is therefore in fact road legal with HIDs (if I installed washers at least lol).
    No longer an astra owner

Now a Vectra owner