Thread: Dov Diary - Cavalier Turbo rescue service

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dov Diary - Cavalier Turbo rescue service

Right little bit of background. Benny used to have a black Cavalier Turbo back in the day. Was origionally bought when it was 3-years old. At the time there wasnt a lot of tuning stuff around which meant Meant there was a lot of research and experimentation carried out with himself and AVA in Glasgow, as a result it ended up running stand alone management with a 8 injector setup.

Long story short, he sold the car, bought it back a few years later then sold it again. Missing a Cavalier Turbo in his life he went on the hunt for another. As it just so happened Turbodave knew of a really good shell that had been stripped of its engine & gearbox & Ally had got the propshaft of it for his and was due to be scrapped.
    So with that Benny went for a nose, pound notes exchanged hands and it was then down to the logistics of getting a rolling shell from Forfar to Irvine (around 130+ miles away).
    So in A-team style 2DD stepped in to help out. With the Omigod sporting 4 new tyres and a shiny new MOT certificate the plan was set so Saturday morning it was off to Dunfermline to scoop up Benny, Tubodave & the trailer (not before I got a slap around the head from Mrs Reid for swearing....sorry Mrs Reid):

We then headed out through Dunfermline and upto Dundee where upon both us and the Omigod were hungry, so a quick KFC & some of Shells finest we champed on to Forfar to scoop up the cyberslut (so called because Benny is now the 4th person from CTOR to own it):

Benny seemed to get excited, still undecided on whether it was at the sight of the Cav or TD bending over:

With a little effort she was loaded and 2DD technical advisor strapped the beast down ready for the trek back to Irvine via Irvine:

Towing was hard going as the brakes in the trailer had seemed to collapse and one of the Cavs windows was open. Not really a problem until we got to Glasgow and the heavens opened as well as a force 10 gale. After setting out at 11:30am by 6pm she was pushed onto Mr Bennys driveway much to the delight of Mrs Benny. From there it was back to Dunfermline via West Calder. All in around 320miles done and one happy owner

Random sighting of the day was this:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wow, what a day trip.....and a good result? was she soaked on the return home? anything to fill that big void?
    Celica T-Sport , Audi S3 , scania r series

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Interior was eh damp to say the least. Benny is currently in the process of buying bits and pieces to build a C20LET. We picked up a stripped XE on Friday night and he has other bits coming from down south, think the main thing he needs is a turbo and the usual niggly bits.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    look forward to the updates

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They wheels on it make me smile.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lol i nearly bought that car years ago aswell
    Castle Combe Saloon Car Championship. Car 21, pug 106 GTI. Gone from track days to full on racing

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertone ben View Post
    lol i nearly bought that car years ago aswell
    Know anything about it, or any history on it? Benny;s keen to find out as much about the cars previous lives as possible.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i know it was owned by joby's brother (on ctor) i followed it back from trax in 05 and the transfer box went pop. so he drove it back wiht no power steering. also the gear selector or box was knackered and kept getting reverse instead of first, he nearly hit me cos of it.

i was on ctor and td may remember me.
    Castle Combe Saloon Car Championship. Car 21, pug 106 GTI. Gone from track days to full on racing