Thread: Bleedin' Mudflaps, couldn't get them on...

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy Bleedin' Mudflaps, couldn't get them on...

My parents got me a set of genuine Vauxhall Mudflaps for my 3 month old Astra, they are the hard plastic type.

I have put flaps on previous (non Vauxhall) cars and it has been a 40 minute job, but with the Astra it seems the wheels had to come off and I had to drill my own holes. Now, my new car is my baby, so with some trepidation I got the trolley jack out and jacked up the front, wheel off, so far so good. Then removed an existing plastic gromit-thing, then had to line up the flap with the existing hole to drill two new holes in the arch lining. But could I get the relevant hole in the flap to line up with the pre-existing hole, could it heck. Only about a third of the hole was visible, it that makes sense.

I was cautious about using too much force as I was afriad the plastic would scratch my paintwork, the flaps are not very flexible. So I gave up as I started quite late yesterday and it was getting dark, so chucked the flaps back in the garage and went indoors for a sulk. Anyone else had a similar prob? I did double check the part numbers as well, they are the correct ones.....

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bleedin' Mudflaps, couldn't get them on...

Yes you are correct, they are a pain. Took mine to my mates garage all 4 wheels off at once ...............not the best mudflaps to fit astra g were easier m8

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    At least I know its not just me....they are still in the garage and they have not come out since my last post. However, the weather has not exactly been conducive to laying about in the driveway fitting stuff to my car. I think I may try the back one's next....I also wondered whether it would be worth sticking them in a bucket of hot water before fitting to make them a bit more flexible prior to fitting?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Add Leeful on Facebook
    just had mine done by my mate and he said there are holes already in the arch but u have 2 drill the plastic in front of it in the right place 2 get them 2 fit, he said it was easy enough, hope this aint telling u 2 suck eggs but u do realise that the front and rear are different