Thread: Boost Pressure Sensor

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Boost Pressure Sensor

I was wondering if anyone can help, im getting an error code which is pointing torwards the Boost Pressure Sensor. Ive taken it in for a diag and have been told either the pipes to the sensor or the sensor itself is at fault. Ive checked all the pipes and they are all fitted with no splits, so im going to replace the sensor. the problem is im not 100% sure what it looks like, and after doing a search on the net cannot find a pic or diagram of one. Can anyone describe, draw, send pic or have a part number for it.
    Any help would prevent me from pulling my hair out.
    Cheers

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    forgot to mention car is a Astra H 1.7 cdti

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Welcome mate

I'm going to move this to the Diesel section where it may get a better answer

I believe i've found the loctaion of what you after though on the diagrams, it's the part with a red square around it and has a 3 pin connector

Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Autosparks thats just what i was looking for. Fingers crossed this will solve it.
    Thanks again.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what error code is it, something like boost pressure deviation?

bost pressure sensors themselves don't fail all that often, done a few on vivaro's but then they are french
    otherwise the GM 2 litre and 2.2's sometimes had problems with contamination which required a simple clean.

most are other things like fuel pressure or actual boost faults
    Honda Integra Type R
    MK4 Astra TD LS Estate

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Agree not come across many problems with boost sensors, but have changed a couple of boost pressure solenoid valves - controls the actuator on the turbo & is fitted at the lower rear section of the engine to a bracket near the O/S driveshaft - perhaps that causing incorrect boost levels & sensor picking up fault?

Also, you say about checking the pipes to the sensor? The boost sensor itself bolts straight into the manifold with only an electrical connector on it, therefore has no pipes - maybe they were talking about the above boost control valve?

As goose1647 says - worth finding out the actual fault description - boost pressure negative deviation is detected with too HIGH a boost level, boost pressure positive deviation is with LOW boost (which could also be split pipes/leaks etc...).

Regards, Nick.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nikh667 View Post
    Agree not come across many problems with boost sensors, but have changed a couple of boost pressure solenoid valves - controls the actuator on the turbo & is fitted at the lower rear section of the engine to a bracket near the O/S driveshaft - perhaps that causing incorrect boost levels & sensor picking up fault?

Also, you say about checking the pipes to the sensor? The boost sensor itself bolts straight into the manifold with only an electrical connector on it, therefore has no pipes - maybe they were talking about the above boost control valve?

As goose1647 says - worth finding out the actual fault description - boost pressure negative deviation is detected with too HIGH a boost level, boost pressure positive deviation is with LOW boost (which could also be split pipes/leaks etc...).

Regards, Nick.
    yeh i had this problem with myastra cdti 150 nick, it jst was'nt boosting properly so i changed the boost selenoid and checked the pipes and now it's sound. the part itself is only £30 inc vat. but im not sure how much it is for the 1.7
    Astra 1.9 CDTI 150 xp DTUK crd2
    BHP ??? FT LBS ???

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what problems were you having mate? were you losing power?
    i was told this might be my problem. is it a little square thing couple of inches long?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The unit itself is about 3 inches long (ooh err), with two rubber pipes connected to one end of it, and a two pin electrical connector the other end.

Symptoms would be the engine light illuminating along with ECU switching to limp mode - particularly with a high boost, as to protect itself & the engine.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nikh667 View Post
    The unit itself is about 3 inches long (ooh err), with two rubber pipes connected to one end of it, and a two pin electrical connector the other end.

Symptoms would be the engine light illuminating along with ECU switching to limp mode - particularly with a high boost, as to protect itself & the engine.
    right, mine goes into limp mode but for only 1/2 sec. light flashes on, car with spanner. but i can`t get an error code, does the light need to stay on for a length of time to register an error code?
    sorry to jump in on your thread booga just sounds similar to my prob, bad starter on cold morning though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast