Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exhaust for ACT

Hi all,

Picking my ACT up tomo but need to get a new exhaust for her soon, only back box needs replacing but i was thinking i may aswell get cat back while i'm doing it..

What should i go for? With it being a turbo a straight through centre seems like the option but will it be too loud? I like the sound of a nice exhaust but not the drone of the chavved up ones. I had a scorpion on my old 1.6 but that had a centre silencer too soo was still quiet.

Question really is, what backbox to go for with a straight through centre section (also which centre pipe?) that will give a subtle tone when cruising and part throttle, but sound nice and tuned/raspy when booted? Not sure how much louder the turbo models are with this being my first one!!

Cheers, Nick

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    milltek sounds best and is used by most performance / tuning companies, company called roadrunner are the cheapest.

http://www.roadrunnermotorsport.co.uk/index.asp

I have listened to sound clips / videos on youtube and the non resonated sounds nice

they do a resonated system which basicly means it has a centre box so its a little quieter

both give similar gains according to most people, just the non resonated is a litle raspier when accelerating

non res - £339 £15 p&p
    resonated - £374 £15 p&p

both systems also on ebay but only pence cheaper
    End of an era - She's gone to a good home

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    non resonated being a full system with straight through centre section?

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Lots of choice out there mate and wouldn't personally say Miltek is the best there is. If you think the Scorpion was quiet, have a listen to a Miltek

If you can't find an 'off the shelf' system you like the look of, find a decent exhaust place local to you and get a system made up. Will be just how you want it then, and possibly cheaper than the Miltek set-up.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thats what i was thinking, theres a powerflow down in St Albans near me, does anyone know the rough price for an ACT cat back system from somewhere like that? (straight through, rear silencer)

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Around £300-£400 I would imagine for a cat-back. Thats what I was quoted at a topgear franchise when they were fitting my sports cat

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice one cheers mate, will pop down there at the weekend for a quote! Any other ideas welcome!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A lot of people on here have either gone for miltek or blueflame. I've got a milltek and it sounded okish when i first got it and the car was standard- now its tuned up and with the precat pipe it sounds awesome! Not too loud if ur not booting it but take it over 4k rpm and it sounds mad!
    Astra coupe turbo 280bhp-sold
    BMW E60 5 Series M Sport

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice one cheers mate, not sure when i'll be able to tune her up but i eventually will do so thats summat to remember! Does yours have the centre silencer or is it straight through?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have a scorpion turbo back with sport cat. and its quiet until driven hard, then it roars like a beast. love it. lots of people have mentioned how nice it sounds too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast