Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: lowering my mk5 total cost

  
  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    Chewy.'s Avatar
    North East RO
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Shields
    Posts
    6,227
    Mentioned in
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Add Chewy. on Facebook

    lowering my mk5 total cost

    hi there.
    Could anyone tell me the cost from start to finish on lowering my car on springs only (eibach) 30mm all round including labour (not getting robbed that is) including the camber adjusted if needed.
    cheers for any replies

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    Ian001's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,517
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chewysrixp View Post
    hi there.
    Could anyone tell me the cost from start to finish on lowering my car on springs only (eibach) 30mm all round including labour (not getting robbed that is) including the camber adjusted if needed.
    cheers for any replies
    £220 quid all in if done properly with four wheel last alignment

    - £100 off for springs
    - £60 quid fitting at mates rates
    - £60 quid for 4 wheel alignment

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    Chewy.'s Avatar
    North East RO
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Shields
    Posts
    6,227
    Mentioned in
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Add Chewy. on Facebook
    cheers mate
    is it better to try and get the garage to get the springs (trade price and all that) if they will or source them myself

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    gazTD's Avatar
    AOC Gold Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,381
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Get them from LMF mate, about the cheapest for Eibachs.

    And when not at mates rates, labour will be about £100.

    Alternatively, spring compressors can be bought from Halfords for £20. A quick nosey into a haynes manual (the mk5 suspension is the same as the mk4 to change by the looks of it), and you've saved yourself about £100
    Gaz

    No longer owns an Astra


    Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    Ian001's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,517
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazTD View Post
    Alternatively, spring compressors can be bought from Halfords for £20. A quick nosey into a haynes manual (the mk5 suspension is the same as the mk4 to change by the looks of it), and you've saved yourself about £100
    The suspension is very similar - but the top nuts are in my experiencing a complete pain in the rear to get off the front shocks - at least on the mark four you have room to get in and attack the bolt, whereas on the MK5 its in the stupid metal cup!

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    Chewy.'s Avatar
    North East RO
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Shields
    Posts
    6,227
    Mentioned in
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Add Chewy. on Facebook
    not very technically minded so it will be a garage that does is.
    so im looking at roughly 200 - 250
    cheers for the replies

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    gazTD's Avatar
    AOC Gold Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,381
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icarus2000 View Post
    The suspension is very similar - but the top nuts are in my experiencing a complete pain in the rear to get off the front shocks - at least on the mark four you have room to get in and attack the bolt, whereas on the MK5 its in the stupid metal cup!
    On my old mk4 the bolts were in a metal cup aswell. Just get a ring spanner in there.
    Gaz

    No longer owns an Astra


    Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Similar Threads

  1. Astra lowering cost
    By Lloyd astrasri in forum Astra Discussion & Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-06-2013, 20:37
  2. cost of lowering astra mk5
    By rob2278 in forum Chassis
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-07-2009, 00:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •