Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Zafira Newbie - Cruise Control Q

Hi,

Picking my first Zafira up this Friday - My first job is to fit Cruise Control (Hopefully) could anyone answer the questions below?:

Is the Clutch Switch / Wiring already installed on a 08 1.8 Design?

Wheres the best (cheapest) place to buy the stalk?

As I have not picked the car up yet, I am think of seeing the the dealer would do the tech2 bit before I collect - will it do any damage activating the CC without have the CC stalk - just might take me a few weeks to get round to fitting?

Many thanks for your help!

G

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as far as i know you will not be able to enable the CC without the stalk..

The car uses can-bus and the stalk needs to be "paired" up with the car computer before it will even accept commands from the stalk.

A family member has a similar car to yours and he had it fitted and after a week the stalk stopped working. They determined that it needed changing and when he asked if they could send it to him and he would fit it himself he was told that they needed to have their computer talk to the cars computer before a new stalk would work.

Best guess is that the stalk has a unique number that needs to be input into to cars computer to even accept commands. No doubt a security feature.

Zafiraowner

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    New I'd find you sooner or later Graham!!

Just bump this a bit to see if someone can provide you with an answer.
    Surprised no one hass answered it yet.

Now that you have pickded up the car, Have you found out if it has the clutch switch yet?

Looks like such a nice car, Hope your enjoying it

Oh and welcome you should go to chit chat and post as newbie, and include pictures of the "BUS". It's a requirement.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey View Post
    Hey atleast MOTing your car should be a lot simpler than MOTing your EX. Replacing a worn out bush on a car is far easier.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zafiraowner View Post
    as far as i know you will not be able to enable the CC without the stalk..

The car uses can-bus and the stalk needs to be "paired" up with the car computer before it will even accept commands from the stalk.

A family member has a similar car to yours and he had it fitted and after a week the stalk stopped working. They determined that it needed changing and when he asked if they could send it to him and he would fit it himself he was told that they needed to have their computer talk to the cars computer before a new stalk would work.

Best guess is that the stalk has a unique number that needs to be input into to cars computer to even accept commands. No doubt a security feature.

Zafiraowner
    There is no form of logic circuit in the stalk so I can't see how this could be the case. I accept though that the Tech2 tool is required to set the CC option to active.
    I'm trying to find a nice chap with a tech2 in manchester who would be willing to activate this (for a fee of course).

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    op-com enables the Zafira As OK.
    How Tos . Parts For Sale
    The two most life changing experiences you'll ever have. Finding Jesus, and having a baby.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark T View Post
    op-com enables the Zafira As OK.
    Really? Interesting but, Does that include the Zafira B circa 2007?

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There is no logic in the stalk, it's just a switch. It can be activated without it no problem. I know this because I have actually done it.

An 08 car will have the VVT engine and therefore will already have the clutch switch and wiring.

I am about 30miles from Manchester and would be happy to help you out with this, have done plenty of Astra H/Zafira B cars... send me a PM if you're interested
    ☻☻☻ STAMPEDE CONVERSIONS ☻☻☻

Cruise control and trip computer activation, anti-hijack, diagnostics and LED conversions - West Yorkshire and nationwide

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stampede View Post
    There is no logic in the stalk, it's just a switch. It can be activated without it no problem. I know this because I have actually done it.

An 08 car will have the VVT engine and therefore will already have the clutch switch and wiring.

I am about 30miles from Manchester and would be happy to help you out with this, have done plenty of Astra H/Zafira B cars... send me a PM if you're interested
    Thank you mate PM sent Sir!