Thread: DAP Performance

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DAP Performance

I talked to Dave at Dap today about remaaping my gsi he was a nice fella to talk to, He said with out a fmic i was looking at 220-230 bhp on my car with a stage 2 eds map with my full exhaust i thought a stage 2 was with a fmic but there you go....

I really dont know yet if im going to add the fmic, To be honest he said its better to just go with the map only with no fmic as the gsi is getting older now and they are not worth spending to much money on them...He also said he doesnt see that many now mostly Vxrs...
    Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It was £480 for the map anyway..
    Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Stunned at what he has told you personally.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow WARDY25 On Twitter Add WARDY25 on Facebook
    dont know the guy like but im stunned too a little, its up to you end of day mate
    ASTRA 'J' 330 SRI CDTI RST

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Why stunned fellas

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I must admit i thought the bhp would be abit more with a full turbo back system.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So because the GSi;s are around 4/6 years old their not worth spending money on? Dont get the sense in that their not exaclty old rust buckets yet. PLenty people out there spending money on GSi;s just have a look through this site as an example of people spending money on GSi;s/SRiT;s/Zafira GSi;s and coupe turbos. The last of the GSi;s are only a year and a half or so older than the first of the VXR;s.

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey View Post
    So because the GSi;s are around 4/6 years old their not worth spending money on? Dont get the sense in that their not exaclty old rust buckets yet. PLenty people out there spending money on GSi;s just have a look through this site as an example of people spending money on GSi;s/SRiT;s/Zafira GSi;s and coupe turbos. The last of the GSi;s are only a year and a half or so older than the first of the VXR;s.
    Totally agree with you Dave and I must say I am very dissapointed, if this is what Dave from DAP has told you. You would have thought in the current climate you wouldnt be turning work down.
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey View Post

I know mate i thought that a bit my car is a 2004 car so its not that old, He also said sometimes hes had to send some cars away as they are not worth mapping???

I might just post my ecu off to regal ive dont that before with my coupe turbo and its cheaper unless i can get a fmic.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatG View Post
    Totally agree with you Dave and I must say I am very dissapointed, if this is what Dave from DAP has told you. You would have thought in the current climate you wouldnt be turning work down.
    To be honest I get hte impression Dave @ DAP has no real interest working on older cars just the VXR;s etc. probably why he never got back to me when I enquired about work on my car and another, as a result £5,000 was spent at MPG in middlewich instead.

ryhs57 - your not too far from MPG who are based in middlewich they are EDS dealers and can do your re-mapping FMIC etc. etc.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast