Thread: Zafira started cutting out

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Zafira started cutting out

Hi i have a 1999 zafira elegance 1.8 16v which i bought 6 months ago.

service history states full service and cam change 02/08 @ 78,247 miles.
    had small service (levels/brake check) in sept @ 90,000 miles and was v.low on oil but all else ok. Due for next sevice and M.O.T. next month.

for last couple of months has seemed hesitant when trying to pull away but once up and going running fine.

On the way back from visiting relatives in london for xmas car cut out. we pulled of motorway and where going round the roundabout when the engine died, all dash lights on. we pulled over to side, turned key engine restarted perfectly, no lights.

since then car has done this 2-3 more times. each time it has done this we have had the car above 40mph turned into small road, gone around roundabout or corner and car dies. car always restarts on flick of the key and leaves no engine lights on.

I have read post and they seem to point to a few likely suspects (blocked breather, cam sensor, EGR valve, coil pack,etc), so was wondering if anyone could narrow down the likely culprit.

Thanks

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi folks,

just thought id give you all an update. Two weeks now and no more cutting out problems with the car.

it is going in for it's mot tommorow so i am getting it checked with tech 2 to see if it left any fault codes behind and will let you all know.

if nothing shows up (as i am expecting) i will have to conclude that it was either dirty in fuel line, which has now blown through or temperature related (as it was sub zero whenever it cut out).

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Is it when you dip the clutch? My Vectra does this, I would suggest that the idle control valve ( if it has one) is gunked up and the best bet is to replace. £25 notes from e-bay, a gasket and an allen key.

I'm doing mine this weekend.
    I>< Silver Coupe ><I

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well car came back from M.O.T. with no problems and as suspected no codes registered.

Fortunately it is still behaving itself but with the weather that is predicted for this weekend i will be able to see if its cold related.