Thread: air bag light??

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

air bag light??

as above i changed my front seats for coupe converable seats witch are leather and heated and now my lights on the dash how do i knock it off all conections are plugged in and tidy help plz thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    in all honesty mate the only surefire way is to have it switched off by tech2

did u have the keys out when u did the changeover?

make sure theyre firmly plugged in and try disconnecting battery for half hour - it may help but in all honesty very unlikely

sorry

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i own a obd reader but it doesent turn off air bag lights im gutted ill try the battery trick.yer the keys were in my house when fitted the seat.thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did you use the pretensioners that came with the leather seats or change them for the ones off your old seats?

I've seen people cut the tags off a pretensioner that has gone off so you think they are fine but in reality it trips the airbag light. I always refit my old pretensioners when I change seats as I know they are good.

In my car the airbag light has lit now 3 times, each time it has gone off when the pretensioners have been changed for known good ones. If the new seats have sideairbags don't connect them into the loom, it's the yellow connector BTW, if the door sensors aren't in place that will also trip the warning light.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.