Thread: 2006 Astra Life electric mirrors

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

2006 Astra Life electric mirrors

Is it possible to have electric mirrors retro fitted to my 2006 Astra Life Estate Auto 1.8 to replace the existing mechanical ones? My wife and I find it difficult to adjust the mirrors with that little stalk to our so different driving positions.

Following a thread in this forum I have just had cruise control retro fitted.Thanks.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hey buddie yeh its possible, u should have the wiring harness behind the door panels, if u do then should be no problem,

first thing to do is to remove the door panels and cheak for the wiring, second go to VX and buy the ele mirrors, new panels to replace the manual adjustmant ones for ur mirror and dont forget to buy the replacement controls for your ele windows so u can use the ele mirrors, second install them and then take another trip to VX or any other garage that has a tech 2 and ask them to activate it,

I think it cost about £200 to do, but am sure u can pick the parts up a little cheaper than VX prices, and if u pay the extra few pence u can also add Cruise Control, fog lights and Ele Folding Mirrors, Theres loads of posts about these on the forum do a quick search or go to the MK5 Astras Electrical Section.
    1.8! Auto 05 MK5

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bazb,
    Thanks very much for the info. It's a bit too cold at the moment;I'll wait for a warm day.