Thread: Problem with 1.9CDTI (150)

Status
    NE RO & Moderator
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Follow dp88 On Twitter

Problem with 1.9CDTI (150)

Yesterday lunch time I got in the car as normal, drove off, put my foot down, and nothing much happened (Turbo didn’t kick in). The dash was displaying the emissions symbol.

I took it back to work, and disconnected my DTUK box, and set off again, and still the dash displayed the emissions symbol, and the turbo wouldn’t kick in. (The car had very little power). This was the same all night….

Got in this morning to go to work, and the emissions symbol is still on, but there was power….

Any ideas what may be faulty? The car still has 5 months warranty left, just hesitating to take it down to VX now there is power encase they charge me for a diagnostic test and nothing shows up!

Cheers Dan

Status
    NE RO & Moderator
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Follow dp88 On Twitter
    Iv got no power again.... a 1.0L corsa would piss all over me lol

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    I would imagine you'd have to have the fault codes read to know.
    No longer an astra owner

Now a Vectra owner

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    I've had this with my DTUK box. Left overnight and it was fine again. Try taking the box off running around for a day without too much right foot then put it back on. Is the engine fairly new? I've had my box on from 2000 miles and found I had to adjust it every 3k or so until around 18k ie when the engine had fully loosened up. It may be that as the engine loosens up the box tries to deliver more power than the engine management system will allow so it goes into creep mode. Try turning the power down a bit. Mines 100% fine now but it did exactly what you describe above 3 or 4 times upto 18k. Not much fun if you are in the middle of overtaking a VXR ;-)

Mine did not leave a fault code trail after this happened.
    Twintop Design, 1.9 CDTI, Leather, Cruise Control, Keyless, Adaptive Forward Lighting, DTUK Green Box.

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    If it is still under warranty take it to the Garage!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dp88 View Post
    Yesterday lunch time I got in the car as normal, drove off, put my foot down, and nothing much happened (Turbo didn’t kick in). The dash was displaying the emissions symbol.

I took it back to work, and disconnected my DTUK box, and set off again, and still the dash displayed the emissions symbol, and the turbo wouldn’t kick in. (The car had very little power). This was the same all night….

Got in this morning to go to work, and the emissions symbol is still on, but there was power….

Any ideas what may be faulty? The car still has 5 months warranty left, just hesitating to take it down to VX now there is power encase they charge me for a diagnostic test and nothing shows up!

Cheers Dan
    take it to vx you won't get charged for a diagnostic test as long as your warranty in date
    Astra 1.9 CDTI 150 xp DTUK crd2
    BHP ??? FT LBS ???

Status
    NE RO & Moderator
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Follow dp88 On Twitter
    Its booked in for monday.

Iv not had the dtuk box on since it first started doing it, since then its been intermittant. now i have no warning lights on and the car is running at normal power.

my mate said my cat might be blocked up, is this covered under warranty?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Yes this could be the case - take it for a 20 mile motorway blast this burns of the crud in the cat.
    Twintop Design, 1.9 CDTI, Leather, Cruise Control, Keyless, Adaptive Forward Lighting, DTUK Green Box.

Status
    NE RO & Moderator
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Follow dp88 On Twitter
    I think the last blast I did is what killed it! Foot all the way to the floor in 6th lol

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    How many miles on the clock?