Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

General locking wheel question

Hey!

I ever since the garage had to drill my locking wheel nuts to get the snowflakes on I have had 4 nuts in each wheel.

So question is, not really sure about this Code buisness. So can I just get some off ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BNIB-Vauxhall-Locking-Wheel-Nuts-GENUINE-GM_W0QQitemZ350148634657QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars Parts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item350148634657&_ trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301|66%3A2|65% 3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Assumign they willbe cheaper than Vauxhall....

Cheers,
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by coupe turbo
    lag is a thing which warns me get ready for action.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Steve don't get them from Vauxhall as the keys are too soft and they sheer off ,
    The only decent ones out there are Mcquard these are similar looking to VX ones but the keys are hardend, They cost a few quid more but you won't be drilling the nuts off again , Halfrauds sell them for around £30 maybe a little more (bought mine 12 months ago ) and they do pop up on ebay

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phil w View Post
    Hi Steve don't get them from Vauxhall as the keys are too soft and they sheer off ,
    The only decent ones out there are Mcquard these are similar looking to VX ones but the keys are hardend, They cost a few quid more but you won't be drilling the nuts off again , Halfrauds sell them for around £30 maybe a little more (bought mine 12 months ago ) and they do pop up on ebay
    Hey Phil

Ahh damn, well I just bought some of eBay as no one had replied I assumed no one thought it was that bad an idea. Well they were the origional ones with the car I think so If they have lasted 8 years the new set should be ok.

Got them for about 12 quid I think. So saved a few quid even if they only last my ownership.

Steve

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I was advised by a mechanic to get rid of the locking nuts that came with my Astra & just put some standards in. Was told they're more trouble than they're worth.

When i asked on here, i was told the Vaux ones, or certainly the ones i have on mine, are quite poo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveMK4 View Post
    Hey Phil

Ahh damn, well I just bought some of eBay as no one had replied I assumed no one thought it was that bad an idea. Well they were the origional ones with the car I think so If they have lasted 8 years the new set should be ok.

Got them for about 12 quid I think. So saved a few quid even if they only last my ownership.

Steve
    Sorry mate , well now youv'e bought them make sure you put some copper ease on the lock nut shoulder and thread , And do them up by hand and then just nip them up with the ratchet ,Dont be tempted to torque these up with the other nuts this is how the lock nut key shears because the lock nut is to tight

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phil w View Post
    Sorry mate , well now youv'e bought them make sure you put some copper ease on the lock nut shoulder and thread , And do them up by hand and then just nip them up with the ratchet ,Dont be tempted to torque these up with the other nuts this is how the lock nut key shears because the lock nut is to tight
    Yeah will do, and yeah not going to tighten them up like the uther bugger had done. Cant afford to pay 10 quid to drill my 14 quid wheel nuts.