Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Problem with Mk4 SRI

  
  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    Tsn1's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy Problem with Mk4 SRI

    A couple of days a go there was a rattling sound coming from the engine and it gradually got worse on my drove home, along with the engine over heating. I started it back up after it had cooled down a few hours later but the rattling sound was still there and i also noticed that something may have leaked as there are two patches by the drivers side wheel which i'm assuming is oil?

    Any ideas what the problem could be?

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    newton's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,357
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    does it make the noise all the time, even when its just ticking over?
    *Astra Cab*

    Bring on the summer

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    sjflat's Avatar
    AOC Gold Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5,689
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The oil filter is behind the osf wheel is it not? As a starting point it's probably worth checking oil level and that the filter is on properly .

    Steve
    Nova Merit: 2000-2003 // Irmschered Astra SRi: 2003-2005 // Leon Cupra R: 2005 - 2006 // Linea Rossa Convertible Turbo: 2006-2008 // BMW 840Ci: 2008 - 2012

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    Tsn1's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by newton View Post
    does it make the noise all the time, even when its just ticking over?
    Yeah it does

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    Tsn1's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjflat View Post
    The oil filter is behind the osf wheel is it not? As a starting point it's probably worth checking oil level and that the filter is on properly .

    Steve
    I'll have a look into that

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    jimmywrc's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    210
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsn1 View Post
    A couple of days a go there was a rattling sound coming from the engine and it gradually got worse on my drove home, along with the engine over heating. I started it back up after it had cooled down a few hours later but the rattling sound was still there and i also noticed that something may have leaked as there are two patches by the drivers side wheel which i'm assuming is oil?

    Any ideas what the problem could be?
    over heated water pump? check ur water level, ???
    GSi you dont know what you been missing 2 you get one!!!

Similar Threads

  1. why does my remap cause a throttle problem and cruise control problem?
    By 22rabbits in forum Turbo Petrol Engines inc. Transmissions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-08-2013, 14:50
  2. ECT problem or Idle Air Control valve problem?! =S
    By Jer7 in forum NA Engines (Non-turbo petrol) inc. Transmissions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22-12-2012, 13:50
  3. M1GST problem No. 145678,897,898.3 wierd door locking problem
    By MatG in forum Astra Discussion & Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 30-10-2008, 18:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •