Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you a car enthusiast or just plain mad?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Are you a car enthusiast or just plain mad?

Bit of a random one but i'm completely obsessed by cars - I can't stop thinking about them. It really is an obsession. If its not looking/reading/fixing/cleaning my own car then i'm looking at others and thinking about what could be done with them. I can easily spend hours just on autotrader or pistonheads or lookin on youtube thinking about what i'm gonna get next. I've even put myself in debt and put my car as priority over people, bills etc in the past. If my cars not running as it should it will put me in a bad mood until its fixed.Judging from the post about what would u choose car or wife etc theres quite a few of us car nuts on here. What is it about cars that makes people so obsessed?? Wanna here about some crazy stuff other people have done in the name of motoring to make me feel more sane! Lol
    Astra coupe turbo 280bhp-sold
    BMW E60 5 Series M Sport

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I get a bit miffed when mine is running badly/needs repaired, but as much because I use it daily for work, without a car I can't actually do my job.

I'd not get in debt for it beyond essential maintenance though.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone see that programme on telly about the people who have sex with cars?

I'd say I'm more of an enthusiast but a few years ago I could easily have gone the other way (so to speak).

Steve
    Nova Merit: 2000-2003 // Irmschered Astra SRi: 2003-2005 // Leon Cupra R: 2005 - 2006 // Linea Rossa Convertible Turbo: 2006-2008 // BMW 840Ci: 2008 - 2012

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I can easily say my whole family is car mad!I had no choice on the matter!
    I bought my first car at 13 and have never looked back
    James my brother(jimbo1) bought his first mini when he was just 12 and had it fully modded and resprayed by 14!I feel really sorry form my mum being the only women in the house as wer allways arguing about cars and taking bits apart on the dinner table.lol.posters,model cars,rc cars,tools etc its everywhere at home!
    Its a way of life i think,if i wasnt mad about cars id be very bored!
    Sad to say but one of my abitions in life when im older is to have a ford pop hotrod,nothing else interests me in life much except cars,beer and women and maybe in that order!
    Europa blue turbo,the best colour by far!
    My auto-biography here- http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=157301

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Car enthusiast for me.....

....I think....

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its the same with my family, we all love cars and me and my dad can spend hours cleaning our cars. I think i sometimes get withdrawl symptoms if i dont drive my car everyday, and i sometimes just randomly go on long drives for the fun of it lol. The ex used to go mad at me because i would spend most of my wages on car parts, cleaning stuff etc. I must agree with deany that without cars life would be very boring and i suppose it keeps us all out of trouble :-p.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the voices in my head say im just plain mad and theyre usually right

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'd say i'm just an enthusiast, although I do spend enough time cleaning and working on the damn thing to look mad to most people

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    right, well only being 19, i was say i am car obsessed! i talk about cars 24/7. i love cars, and yes, if a car is broken or in the garage, it puts me in a bad mood! sure 2008, was a pretty grumpy year for me! the megane caused endless problems, something going wrong what seemed to be every few weeks. my mum and i argued endlessly over trips to the garage to get the car fixed, evetually i persuaded her that i needed rid of the car, hence the reason for the astra.

anyway, i can liken myself to many people on here. got first car at 17. spent loads of time cleaning it and making it look nice. carried out full service, changed alternator and fan belt, real minor things, loved it, getting dirty etc. i will spend hours cleaning cars, for example this afternoon i have washed 2 cars which took me around 3 hours! i just love it!

my passion for cars doesn't end there, endless hours on the internet looking through ads on autotrader thinking about "the next one" and looking for cars for other people! i spend hours a day whilst at work on the AOC reading, and replying to many posts. i spend endless time looking at mods which i will never buy, and cleaning items which i do eventually buy.

but still, it doesn't end there! during 2008 i developed a passion for motorsport. i have spent years watching btcc and f1 on tv thinking, you know one day, just one day i will go. then, june saw chance of tickets to silverstone for world series by renault. top quality racing. then decided to go to btcc rounds at silverstone at end of august to watch the racing and cheer on my mate who races in the clio cup! hopefully, will be able to attend alot more meets this year!

oh, and forgot to mention my love for my tamiya electric remote control car (soon to have engine upgrade!!!!)

in conclusion, i don't know how my girlfriend puts up with it, if i'm not washing a car, i'm on the internet looking at cars, if i'm not driving i am talking about them, and theres the race meets.
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    By the look off my hair you would think I was a Mad genius.
    I'm like a bad penny, old, dirty, and appears when not wanted.
    Guess who's writing a victorian fantasy book. #JamesPurcell #The Diaries of James Purcell

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast